IGNORED

High / Lo beam Heaflights

Ken Parker

I think I know the answer to this before I ask but here goes. My headlight on on my 2005 RSV when placed in lo beam position doesn't come on, however high beam works fine. I am sure that the bulb has both stages in it. If this is correct how do I remove the headlamp assy. and replace the bulb? Thanks

I replaced mine but had to pull the front part of fairing...NOW,some guys in here can do it by reaching in on the left side lower area..I can see the socket that holds the bulb but My hands are too big to get to it. Tom

Guest Boomerbiker

Oh, yes, I remember the ordeal. I replaced the OEM bulb with the SilverStar and the headlight modulator at the same time. I have small hands and did it without the faring removal, but it still wasn't fun. One would suppose after a few tries it would get easier, but I'm hoping the bulb lasts a long time.

Bill

Guest cwil2988

Makes me glad I don't have a fairing. 2 screws and a plug and I am done. I envy all of you on those ventures till something like this comes up. If I want music, I take the wife and have her sing hehe

Craig

:happy-emoticon:

Well it worked after some "yes" dears and "I couldn't have done it without you" the new headlight bulb is in. The only difference was on my RSV there is a small wire clip that hold the bulb against the housing. This was not in the maual. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

I'm having charging issues with my RSV.. 2 weeks out of warranty... at a store My battery wouldn't start the other night so I rolled started in 2nd... Then my radio went out then the low beam.. I hooked up the battery tender and the low beam was still out but the radio was on... I smacked the headlight with the side of my fist and it came on.. Not sure what's going on but one of my passing lamps used to do that too.