IGNORED

Just got a new passion for music

robert121

Not sure if I will find someone here, who is also into this kind of stuff but recently I have developed a new passion for music recording and creation but I have no idea what to do and where to start. So, I am here looking for some advice on what software should I go for as a newbie. I watched some youtube videos on this subject and they were suggesting softwares like Audacity, Logic pro X, garageband, FL studio, walk band, etc.

I am not sure which of these software would be an ideal choice for a beginner.

​​​​​​​Any suggestions?

I wish I could help. My son is Beyonce's recording engineer/mixer with 2 grammys but I don't know squat about the business. He went to Full Sail, a school in Orlando, FL for their 12 month course back about the year 2000 to get his start.

For a beginner if you ask me I would suggest you to go for Gargeband and then slowly move towards more advanced DAW like Reaper, Ableton, Logic Pro X, etc. It is simple to use and has an easy interface with lots of in-built instruments and mixing features.

I am currently using Reaper on my windows system I wish I could use garageband on my windows system but it is only designed for MacOS right? Or is there a way to run it on Windows?

Edited by smwilliams452
Little Offtopic answer

I wish I could help. My son is Beyonce's recording engineer/mixer with 2 grammys but I don't know squat about the business. He went to Full Sail, a school in Orlando, FL for their 12 month course back about the year 2000 to get his start.

That is so cool sir. Beyonce, grammy Oh my god! I am just starting out though and have no idea where I am gonna end up with this thing. It is just like a new hobby to me.

For a beginner if you ask me I would suggest you to go for Gargeband and then slowly move towards more advanced DAW like Reaper, Ableton, Logic Pro X, etc. It is simple to use and has an easy interface with lots of in-built instruments and mixing features.

I am currently using Reaper on my windows system I wish I could use garageband on my windows system but it is only designed for MacOS right? Or is there a way to run it on Windows?

Thank you for your advice. I am gonna start with garageband then.

And garageband is macOS and iOS compatible only. You cannot use it on any other OS. Sorry!

That is so cool sir. Beyonce, grammy Oh my god! I am just starting out though and have no idea where I am gonna end up with this thing. It is just like a new hobby to me.

My son started with the purchase of two turntables and recorder and taught himself how to scratch records. Then, he found out about the school Full Sail and asked me to support him through school. I was doubtful since he wasn't a good student in high school but he worked hard and tied for second in his class at Full Sail. Then, he got a job at a studio in Manhatton, NYC as a non-paid intern and worked his way up. If you want to succeed in that business, you have to give it your all and to do that you have to love what you are doing. If you are interested, you can google Stuart White recording engineer and you should find some videos of him being interviewed and mixing music.

If you want to succeed in that business, you have to give it your all and to do that you have to love what you are doing. If you are interested, you can google Stuart White recording engineer and you should find some videos of him being interviewed and mixing music.

Yes, you are 100% correct, I totally agree with you and I will definitely gonna search him on google.

a Robert, how long before the cat forgave you?

I have a thread somewhere on the passing of my Ms. Snoop Kitty, seems like yesterday when she left us...hmm

Well when you put somethin together post it over in our song thread, in the meantime you can still share the music you enjoy there.

a Robert, how long before the cat forgave you?

I have a thread somewhere on the passing of my Ms. Snoop Kitty, seems like yesterday when she left us...hmm

Hahahaha! I think my cat is also tired of this whole stay at home situation. She wants me to take her out, that is why she looks upset. And sorry about your cat.

Well when you put somethin together post it over in our song thread, in the meantime you can still share the music you enjoy there.

I will definitely do that!