IGNORED

looking at trailer for my 85 VR

friesman

I was thinking of getting a trailer to store my 85 VR in and trailer it down to Morro Bay ca this summer. Has anyone had any experience with the continental Cargo enclosed trailer? I was looking at the 6 ft by 10 ft model with the extra 6 inches of height. and a guy is town has one about a year old for about 2500 cdn I think these were about 4000 new around here. Is anyone aware of any issues with these trailers? Thanks for any input anyone may have,

Brian :cool10::cool10:

Edited by friesman

I was thinking of getting a trailer to store and trailer my 85 VR down to Morro Bay ca this summer. Has anyone had any experience with the continental Cargo enclosed trailer? I was looking at the 6 ft by 10 ft model with the extra 6 inches of height. and a guy is town has one about a year old for about 2500 cdn I think these were about 4000 new around here. Is anyone aware of any issues with these trailers? Thanks for any input anyone may have,

Brian :cool10::cool10:

That's about right Brian. I paid $2500US for my 1999 6x12 Wells Cargo about 4 years ago...:)

Shame on ya Brian! :no-no-no: Ya go on and git yerself a real bike and then ya want ta put in on a trailer! :confused24:

Just ship yer luggage UPS. Prolly git there before ya. :whistling:

So, ya better git on that bike and drive it to Morro Bay. :900[1]: Then you can do what FutureVentures did, post along the trip.

If I wasnt 3100kms each way from Morro Bay owning a bike that parts were readily availble for, I would be riding , not trailering believe me. Its just too far on something that parts are getting hard to find, imho. PLus I have some time constraints and its the only way I can fit it all in this summer. Dont get me wrong, I love my VR but I do respect her age and treat her like the lady that she is, and pamper her.:rotf::rotf:

Shame on ya Brian! :no-no-no: Ya go on and git yerself a real bike and then ya want ta put in on a trailer! :confused24:

Just ship yer luggage UPS. Prolly git there before ya. :whistling:

So, ya better git on that bike and drive it to Morro Bay. :900[1]: Then you can do what FutureVentures did, post along the trip.

If I wasnt 3100kms each way from Morro Bay owning a bike that parts were readily availble for, I would be riding , not trailering believe me. Its just too far on something that parts are getting hard to find, imho. PLus I have some time constraints and its the only way I can fit it all in this summer. Dont get me wrong, I love my VR but I do respect her age and treat her like the lady that she is, and pamper her.:rotf::rotf:

What you could do Brian is park your trailer in my back yard here in Sacramento, and then ride with us down to Morro Bay Thursday morning. If Dan makes it we should have around 4 or 5 leaving out of here, and meeting up with Lone Eagle and Rich-99 south of Stockton on I-5. Stop for lunch and visit Corbin Seats in Holister before heading down Hwy101 to Morro Bay. About 300 miles total. Nice easy day ride. You could also ride back with us on Sunday. Hey, it's an option... :)

What you could do Brian is park your trailer in my back yard here in Sacramento, and then ride with us down to Morro Bay Thursday morning. If Dan makes it we should have around 4 or 5 leaving out of here, and meeting up with Lone Eagle and Rich-99 south of Stockton on I-5. Stop for lunch and visit Corbin Seats in Holister before heading down Hwy101 to Morro Bay. About 300 miles total. Nice easy day ride. You could also ride back with us on Sunday. Hey, it's an option... :)

Thanks for the offer, that sounds like a great idea. i will let you know a definite answer a bit closer to the dates whether I am going to do that. It would be a great way to meet you guys and see the country a bit more also. I should be able to make that work as I am booked into the hotel on Thurs anyway and was planning to be in the area.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Thanks for the offer, that sounds like a great idea. i will let you know a definite answer a bit closer to the dates whether I am going to do that. It would be a great way to meet you guys and see the country a bit more also. I should be able to make that work as I am booked into the hotel on Thurs anyway and was planning to be in the area.

Brian:cool10::cool10:

Another thing came to mind on the trailer for $2500. Is it a single axel or tandem. If it's a single it might be a bit high. Mine is a 7,000GVW tandem. Around here singles go for $1700-$2000, and shouldn't be any different in your area.

Morro Bay.... sounds like we got a winner.... :)

Another thing came to mind on the trailer for $2500. Is it a single axel or tandem. If it's a single it might be a bit high. Mine is a 7,000GVW tandem. Around here singles go for $1700-$2000, and shouldn't be any different in your area.

Morro Bay.... sounds like we got a winner.... :)

I did some checking around here and a new 6 by 10 enclosed trailer is averaging around 4k to 5k for the single axle model with 3500gvw at 4 different dealers... and add about a thou for tandem axles. Man! do we ever pay too much for some stuff up here, and with the price of fuel going up the costs to get it here is gonna drive prices up even more, Ill bet.