IGNORED

J&M headset install?

hig4s

I just got a new RSV but still want to wear full face helmets.. Got the wife and myself each new Shoei RF1000 helmets.. Then ordered two J&M fullface headsets to fit the bike's intercom system, but the speakers and mic are thicker than the headsets from my old audioboss system. The instructions in the headsets say to cut holes in the styrofoam liner of the helmet for the speakers and mic. I'm not to sure about doing this.

Has anyone done this on an RF1000? OR know of anyone that does J&M headset installs, quick neat and professionally, for not too much, in North or Central Florida? J&M says you can send the helmet to them and they will do it, for a nominal fee, but I'd rather not ship the helmets off for who knows how long.

Al,

I would be happy to do it for you but I'm in Ohio. :( It's not hard to do though. I had to cut the foam to install them in my Nolan helmets. I just laid the speakers where I wanted them, traced around them on the foam with a marker and then cut it out. I didn't cut all the way through. Just the approximate depth of the speakers and then carefully cut and scooped out the foam to that depth.

I have never done this myself but,I did watch a friend of mine install his speakers in his Nolan helmet.

He did not cut his out.

He marked it with a marker as Don said,then he used a soldering iron to melt a little at a time until he got the "depth" he wanted.

As I said,I never did it.

Doug

Al,

I would be happy to do it for you but I'm in Ohio. :( It's not hard to do though. I had to cut the foam to install them in my Nolan helmets. I just laid the speakers where I wanted them, traced around them on the foam with a marker and then cut it out. I didn't cut all the way through. Just the approximate depth of the speakers and then carefully cut and scooped out the foam to that depth.

On my old helmet I wouldn't hesitate to do it, but the new RF1000 seems to be a bit tricky.. I'll probably end up sending them to J&M and let them do it.