IGNORED

It's Official

rickardracing

Yup...it's official.......just booked my room at the ol'Red Roof Inn!!

AWESOME!!:thumbsup:

Wassup Randy? How ya been? Been a while!! How ya gettin to MD, last I remember you had rented and rode a TriGlide out west and enjoyed,, you still riding ol true Blue or did one of HD's find a home at your place? Hope to make it to Don's this year too, be great to say howdy!

Hey Scott!! No new ride for me....still kicking the tires on bikes. If I pull the trigger it will either be an Indian Roadmaster or if I bought new.....Kawasaki Voyager 1700 ABS. But I figure once I hit 100kon the odometer on ol blue...I will start looking. I am looking forward to seeing all you old varmits.

Hey Scott!! No new ride for me....still kicking the tires on bikes. If I pull the trigger it will either be an Indian Roadmaster or if I bought new.....Kawasaki Voyager 1700 ABS. But I figure once I hit 100kon the odometer on ol blue...I will start looking. I am looking forward to seeing all you old varmits.
:thumbsup:

Randy,, you had a chance to demo a Voyager yet? As in all things I know there are Pro's and Con's out there, it would be interesting to hear your take on them if you've ridden em.. :scratchchin: I gotta brother out in California who has been hogging down the miles on new scoots and writing reviews on them for UltimateMotorcycling.com and I KNOW his word is solid and unbiased. I know he is real busy these days but, just for the heck of it,, lets give em a shout and see if he, or his colleagues, have scampered a test on one of those puppies = @VentureFar , any thoughts on the Voyager?

Will say one for sure,, price point is OUTSTANDING comparing to what else there is in touring land right now and WOWZY - I LOVE THE FAIRING DESIGN!!

Fun yappin with ya again Randy!! Hope to see ya in OHIO..

Puc

:thumbsup:

Randy,, you had a chance to demo a Voyager yet? As in all things I know there are Pro's and Con's out there, it would be interesting to hear your take on them if you've ridden em.. :scratchchin: I gotta brother out in California who has been hogging down the miles on new scoots and writing reviews on them for UltimateMotorcycling.com and I KNOW his word is solid and unbiased. I know he is real busy these days but, just for the heck of it,, lets give em a shout and see if he, or his colleagues, have scampered a test on one of those puppies = @VentureFar , any thoughts on the Voyager?

Will say one for sure,, price point is OUTSTANDING comparing to what else there is in touring land right now and WOWZY - I LOVE THE FAIRING DESIGN!!

Fun yappin with ya again Randy!! Hope to see ya in OHIO..

Puc

Scott, I demo'ed the bike a few years ago. Took it on about a 30 mile ride. Personally, I loved it. Low center of gravity, I was dragging the floor boards going around corners, plenty o'power. Some say the bags are flimsy. I do not think they are any worse than a Harley bag. Ever see a Harley trunk lid open? Pretty wobbly in my opinion. Sure there are pros and cons on every scoot. V-Twin was smooth and responsive, different powerband than the Venture for sure but it has guts. Everything seemed to be within reach. My biggest complaint was no cb, but honestly....I hardly ever use mine. Yes a gps, satellite radio and other do-dads would also be nice, but a new 2019 is 18k US. Check on ebay and there is a 2018 brand new for just over 14K.......for a new touring bike. That really to me is getting the most bang for the buck. But, this is just my opinion. I like my 07, but....my butt is getting a bit itchy to sit on another ride. So if I bought a NEW touring bike...it would probably be the Kawasaki, If I bought a USED touring bike....more than likely the Indian. Now to throw a monkey in the wrench....As I said, I like my bike. I get ALOT of thumbs up when on the road, especially with the matching trailer hooked up....so with that being said, I went to the International Motorcycle Expo in Cleveland a few weeks back. ANNNNNNNND I fell I love with......wait for it..........the Triumph Bonneville Bobber. I absolutely would love to have that sitting next to my Venture. Those can be had a year old with less than 2000 miles for about 8K. That bike, with mini apes and that single saddle seat.....oh yeah baby....that is alllllll Randy right there! The new Venture.....when we approached it in the Yammy display and my wife saw that......she says "That IS NOT what they replaced your bike with is it"? I said "Darn Tootin"....She frowned and said..."Ugly"... and I agree. Not my cup of tea.

But that Triumph...........................................................VRRRRROOOOOOOOOOM!!

Scott, I demo'ed the bike a few years ago. Took it on about a 30 mile ride. Personally, I loved it. Low center of gravity, I was dragging the floor boards going around corners, plenty o'power. Some say the bags are flimsy. I do not think they are any worse than a Harley bag. Ever see a Harley trunk lid open? Pretty wobbly in my opinion. Sure there are pros and cons on every scoot. V-Twin was smooth and responsive, different powerband than the Venture for sure but it has guts. Everything seemed to be within reach. My biggest complaint was no cb, but honestly....I hardly ever use mine. Yes a gps, satellite radio and other do-dads would also be nice, but a new 2019 is 18k US. Check on ebay and there is a 2018 brand new for just over 14K.......for a new touring bike. That really to me is getting the most bang for the buck. But, this is just my opinion. I like my 07, but....my butt is getting a bit itchy to sit on another ride. So if I bought a NEW touring bike...it would probably be the Kawasaki, If I bought a USED touring bike....more than likely the Indian. Now to throw a monkey in the wrench....As I said, I like my bike. I get ALOT of thumbs up when on the road, especially with the matching trailer hooked up....so with that being said, I went to the International Motorcycle Expo in Cleveland a few weeks back. ANNNNNNNND I fell I love with......wait for it..........the Triumph Bonneville Bobber. I absolutely would love to have that sitting next to my Venture. Those can be had a year old with less than 2000 miles for about 8K. That bike, with mini apes and that single saddle seat.....oh yeah baby....that is alllllll Randy right there! The new Venture.....when we approached it in the Yammy display and my wife saw that......she says "That IS NOT what they replaced your bike with is it"? I said "Darn Tootin"....She frowned and said..."Ugly"... and I agree. Not my cup of tea.

But that Triumph...........................................................VRRRRROOOOOOOOOOM!!

Certainly not surprised to read your take on the Kawi,, Tip and I sat on one a few years ago and were very intriqued with how close to our 1st Gen's in "feel" it was,, it definitely had that "take me out west CTFW appeal" to it. Being a gear head of sorts and always looking at ways of getting out of maintenance work, I was taken by the no valve lash adjustment because of it having hydraulic tappets (its an overhead cam(s) motor) really caught my eye. I know that Honda played with non-adjustables in their sweet little Nighthawks a number of years ago and, after cleaning up the internals (bikes that have sat for longgg periods of time often need this) = a smoother/quieter engine would be hard to find. I DEFINITELY see and TOTALLY get your comment on best bang for buck too brother! As in all things, I am sure a savvy buyer with cash in hand could land a brand new left over Voyager for under 15 with out much hassle.

Now, about our opinions on the Triumph,, thinking we will have to agree to disagree on this one.. Personally, after having done the career thing on building Chops and even Bobbing a few scoots,, I have to default to a very old flame of mine and say I would rather have the Scrambler... No idea why Randy but high piped scoots have always held a special place in my heart,,, a childish passion? Maybe.. But still,, one look at this and I get all :173::big-grin-emoticon:

Scrambler 1200.jpg

Hey Puc. You rang ?

I rode the Eluder and the voyager, each one day rides over 500 miles.

They are the same bike from the rider’s point of view and looking at both my reviews I talked more about how the Eluder felt as a rider.

Here is my report

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/02/07/2018-yamaha-star-eluder-test-death-valley-bust/

Thanks for asking

VentureFar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Puc. You rang ?

I rode the Eluder and the voyager, each one day rides over 500 miles.

They are the same bike from the rider’s point of view and looking at both my reviews I talked more about how the Eluder felt as a rider.

Here is my report

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2018/02/07/2018-yamaha-star-eluder-test-death-valley-bust/

Thanks for asking

VentureFar...

You sure your not misreading this Neal and you are talking about the Eluder/Venture tests while we are discussing the Kawasaki Voyager? Or did you do a test on the Voyager too... :big-grin-emoticon:

Ultimate Motorcycling is checking into getting me one. When they get it I’ll do a 250 mile day combing freeway, twisties and country road type riding.

Looking forward to it.

VentureFar...

Even though us totally innocent and :sign green with env friends of VentureFar will wait with enduring patience, as always,, we are looking forward to yet another one of your amazing reports my brother!!! Let er buck ya lop eared investigative reporting VR varmint!!!:sign Rock On:

Thanks Neal and keep on Venturing Far!

Puc

Sure is great to be connected !

The voyager was my second choice after the 2nd gen Venture. Never rode one. But didn’t ride the 2nd gen either before I drove 420 miles to pick it up.

My first ride on my Venture was straight 420 miles home getting acclimated to it.

VentureFar...

Sure is great to be connected !

The voyager was my second choice after the 2nd gen Venture. Never rode one. But didn’t ride the 2nd gen either before I drove 420 miles to pick it up.

My first ride on my Venture was straight 420 miles home getting acclimated to it.

VentureFar...

And of course it goes without saying, your tender hearted - fun loving brothers and sisters here at the club get first dibs of that report - with :photographing:'s and everything :missingtooth:,, when that eventful day happens,, right? Right :big-grin-emoticon:

You see folks,, its not what you know as much as it is who you know:thumbsup:

P.S. - I still think my brother VentureFar might be a little spoiled BUT,, thankfully after his new best friend spoils him,, he shares the spoils with us:thumbsup: