IGNORED

How's The Seat?

I've read complaints about the seat, as you will with any bike. Different seats work best for different folks. I've changed the seats on almost every bike I've owned but have to say, this one is the best stock seat I've even had so far. Now I have to add that my longest ride so far is about 250 miles so that is not a great test. I will get some longer miles in this summer and have a better opinion.

The only problem I had was the handlebars. Just not enough pull back and that is always a problem for me. I changed the handlebars on my last 3 bikes, two Royal Star Ventures and a Harley Road Glide Ultra. This one was easy though. The Rox risers worked great and took about 15 minutes to install and the existing cables worked just fine. Since adding the risers and the highway pegs, this is about the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden.

• 1 month later...
I've read complaints about the seat, as you will with any bike. Different seats work best for different folks. I've changed the seats on almost every bike I've owned but have to say, this one is the best stock seat I've even had so far. Now I have to add that my longest ride so far is about 250 miles so that is not a great test. I will get some longer miles in this summer and have a better opinion.

The only problem I had was the handlebars. Just not enough pull back and that is always a problem for me. I changed the handlebars on my last 3 bikes, two Royal Star Ventures and a Harley Road Glide Ultra. This one was easy though. The Rox risers worked great and took about 15 minutes to install and the existing cables worked just fine. Since adding the risers and the highway pegs, this is about the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden.

I have not ridden mine yet but I usually have the same problem. Short arms. I put the Flanders bars on my RSTD and they worked perfect but is was a lot of work.

Which risers did you get?

These are the ones that I bought. I love them but and the order was fine but they were FERY slow to ship. I recommend searching for the part number and think about buying them elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Rox-Speed-FX-Patriot-Pivoting/dp/B071Y5NLBQ/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=Rox+Speed+FX+Patriot+Series+Pivoting+Risers+-+2in.+-+Black+4RP2RX01&qid=1553601413&s=automotive&sr=1-1-fkmrnull

These are the ones that I bought. I love them but and the order was fine but they were FERY slow to ship. I recommend searching for the part number and think about buying them elsewhere.

https://www.amazon.com/Rox-Speed-FX-Patriot-Pivoting/dp/B071Y5NLBQ/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=Rox+Speed+FX+Patriot+Series+Pivoting+Risers+-+2in.+-+Black+4RP2RX01&qid=1553601413&s=automotive&sr=1-1-fkmrnull

Just ordered a set from Fort Nine in Canada will be here in 5 days. Thankyou Freebird for the part number made it easy to find.

I'm new to this bike and plan on some really long rides this summer. How is the seat for long distances? Seems like I always change seats on a new bike. Rather not this time.

I had the tall backrest put on mine and I love the seat. No issues did a 500 mile ride without a problem.

I went with the Utopia backrest and couldn't be happier. They always make a quality product. My next purchase will the the Corbin passenger backrest.

That backrest looks interesting. Is it easly adjustable? I have the Yamaha add on backrest butt doesn't go up very far. Does it interfere with the heat?