IGNORED

Any Cleveland Indians fans here?

Mariner Fan

I'm thinking of catching a game at Progressive Field (didn't you guys used to call it Jacobs field?) on August 30th. I've been able to watch my Seattle Mariners in Chicago but I'd like to go to Cleveland to see a game. It's an afternoon game so it starts at 3:55 P.M.

So, do any of you Northern Ohio folks want to watch a baseball game? I'd love to ride up and catch a game with some of you guys.

Bob

I'm not from Ohio, but I like to see someone else share my love of baseball. Last year, Cindi and I managed to catch a Boston game at Fenway and this year we're taking a trip to see the Philly's and the Orioles. On a separate trip, we're going to try to catch the Mets. We were hoping to go to Yankee Stadium, but the Yanks aren't in town while we're there.

Cleveland's a cool town. Hope you have time to go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Chuck

Baseball is my first love. Back in '91 a friend and I took a trip and saw all 26 major league teams. 19 games, 18 days, 16 ballparks. Philly to Shea to Montreal to Pittsburgh to Cincinnati to Comiskey to Milwaukee to Comiskey to St Louis to KC to St. Louis to Wrigley to Detroit to Cleveland to Yankee Stadium to Boston to Baltimore. Since then, only five remain and after this year only three. Would love to do the same trip again on the bike. I've been to a total of 23 stadiums. Can anyone top that?

We're not even close to you, Hafwitt. We've been to the Padres, Rockies, Brewers, Reds, Red Sox and of course, the Cubs and Sox. Next year I think I'll try to hit the Bucks and the Indians. The trick, as you are well aware, is to try to catch the teams close to each other at home at the same time. Cindi still has to work one more summer so we're limited to long weekends for another year, then we can branch out a little more.

I'm thinking of catching a game at Progressive Field (didn't you guys used to call it Jacobs field?) on August 30th. I've been able to watch my Seattle Mariners in Chicago but I'd like to go to Cleveland to see a game. It's an afternoon game so it starts at 3:55 P.M.

So, do any of you Northern Ohio folks want to watch a baseball game? I'd love to ride up and catch a game with some of you guys.

Bob

Being a ex-Seattleite... I miss the Mariners. Living in Tennessee left little hope of seeing them, but alas, this year for inter-league games they'll be in Atlanta, so June 21st I'll be at turner field for the game.:cool10:

I would hate to try to repeat that trip today with the prices the way they are. We drove that whole thing which at gas prices today would cost a fortune. I think it was somewhere around 3700 miles which would be somewhere around $700 just for gas. I also have some help as my friends brother was Clubhouse Manager for the Buffalo Bisons. He had enough contacts that we didn't pay for many of the games. But that was an awesome trip. In addition, I've been to all the old California stadiums (haven't been to new San Diego or San Franciso). And have been to both Atlanta stadiums. Went to RFK for a Nats game and hope to get down to their new stadium this year. I haven't been to Seattle, Minnesota, Texas or Florida stadiums. The same year we did that trip there was a guy named Bill and his friend Sue that went to every single professional baseball stadium in the country for a game. That was every major AND minor league stadium. Every night on ESPN they had an update on Bill and Sue's Excellent Adventure.

Ah, the good ol' days.

UPDATE: After posting this, I went and googled "Bill and Sue's Excellent Adventure" Bill is doing it again this year! This time he is by himself. The ballpark count this year will be 190. Must be nice to have that kind of disposable income!! Here's his story:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/THE+WRITING+ON+(AND+OFF)+THE+WALL+STADIUM+DRIFTER+ON+ROAD+AGAIN.-a099786890

Updated Update: Never mind - that story refers to the Montreal Expos. So it's at least a few years old.

hey randy.

you really ought to shoot for making just ONE game, at the "reliant stadium", in houston!

doesn't really matter, who the astros , are playing, 'cause they never are a world series contender, anyhow!

lol

just jt

p.s. just one game , will probably be enough!

Being a ex-Seattleite... I miss the Mariners. Living in Tennessee left little hope of seeing them, but alas, this year for inter-league games they'll be in Atlanta, so June 21st I'll be at turner field for the game.:cool10:

That's why I have Direct TV with the baseball package and XM radio. So now I can catch most games and get really ticked off when they loose like last night!!!

:soapbox:..........:mad::mad::mad:.........:bang head:........:headache:

hey randy.

you really ought to shoot for making just ONE game, at the "reliant stadium", in houston!

doesn't really matter, who the astros , are playing, 'cause they never are a world series contender, anyhow!

lol

just jt

I'm sorry I never got to the Astrodome - the 8th Wonder of the World. I will get down there one day. Gotta get the kids off to college in two years then my wife and I can take some extended adVentures. Maybe i can find a supplier in Houston that I need to go visit. Hmmmm...