IGNORED

Bike Show Tomorrow

zagger

Even though we are supposed to get a freezing frost tonight, there is a car/truck/bike show in a nearby small town tomorrow. I think that I will enter the black beast just to see what happens. Not a big deal, but it could be funny. The chrome and sparkle paint folks are never quite sure what to think about flat black.

Around here, the riding season is closing down fast. A week from this Sunday is the fall Crud Run which is sort of the "end" of riding season. Probably will have 2000-3000 bikes on the back roads outside of Madison WI. The ride goes from Pine Bluff to Leland with everyone following whatever route they like. Bars are at both ends of the ride so everyone just gets a beer and walks around looking at bikes. Makes for a nice day.

The Slimey Cruds (where I'm a member) meet every week all year round to drink beer and yak. I've probably mentioned all of this in the past, but it is on my mind since the seasons are changing fast.

zaghttp://www.thesabregroup.com/forum/get_attachment.php?webtag=THESABREGROUP&hash=7a20e47f0f43cfa4646ab464887af3f1&filename=IMG_3021.JPGBlack bike cropped.jpg

Even though we are supposed to get a freezing frost tonight, there is a car/truck/bike show in a nearby small town tomorrow. I think that I will enter the black beast just to see what happens. Not a big deal, but it could be funny. The chrome and sparkle paint folks are never quite sure what to think about flat black.

Around here, the riding season is closing down fast. A week from this Sunday is the fall Crud Run which is sort of the "end" of riding season. Probably will have 2000-3000 bikes on the back roads outside of Madison WI. The ride goes from Pine Bluff to Leland with everyone following whatever route they like. Bars are at both ends of the ride so everyone just gets a beer and walks around looking at bikes. Makes for a nice day.

The Slimey Cruds (where I'm a member) meet every week all year round to drink beer and yak. I've probably mentioned all of this in the past, but it is on my mind since the seasons are changing fast.

zaghttp://www.thesabregroup.com/forum/get_attachment.php?webtag=THESABREGROUP&hash=7a20e47f0f43cfa4646ab464887af3f1&filename=IMG_3021.JPGhttps://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114560

OUTSTANDING ya lop eared Slimy Crud chop riding flat black lovin varmint!!!!! SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sic em Zag and :fingers-crossed-emo that GORGEOUS 1 off Black Beast scoot of yours drags home that 1st Place trophy brother!!!!:dancefool:

Went to the show - pretty darned cold riding today. Only two bikes there, my black beast and a chrome and shine Bucky Badger chopper (Univ. of Wisconsin logo stuff). Lots of fancy cars. Talked for quite awhile with a guy showing a 1930's hot rod with a huge V8 topped off with a big supercharger - around 600 horsepower. Nice car but might be difficult to stay in the posted speed limits! It reminded me that I originally planned to mount a supercharger on the black beast - one reason why I wanted the intakes to be open and not covered by a gas tank. But after riding it and seeing just how fast it is, I decided not to risk breaking the engine with a blower. I already have a difficult time keeping within the posted speed limit.

Turned out that they were only giving trophies for cars and tractors (lots of antique tractors were there). So after I drank enough beer to float a barge, I headed for home. Got back just in time to head to the dump with my wife's garden debris before it closed. Lucky me!

zag

PS And now it is raining. It was good that I left a bit early. Riding on highways in the rain is one of my least favorite activities!

IMG_0041.jpg

Edited by zagger

zaghttp://www.thesabregroup.com/forum/get_attachment.php?webtag=THESABREGROUP&hash=7a20e47f0f43cfa4646ab464887af3f1&filename=IMG_3021.JPGhttps://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114560

Dammit man,

I wish it was 30yrs ago,why? Because the lad's I rode with in the UK {bum biters club} don;t ask lol.. We did a run of T shirts that you would have been a perfect candidate for. {one of the lads was an artist/printer] It was a P*** take of a certain mindset of rider {chrome and sparkle}. Front on and slightly to the side, an obvious chopper bike with an erect willy sitting on the bike {one sack on the floor like a leg holding the bike up}, German helmet on the top {if anyone has seen the wicked willy cartoon book from the 1980's we 'borrowed' it} Caption was//// the Matt Black and well 'ard club.

{apologies to any who are slightly offended by this post} :backinmyday:

THAT is one absolutely awesome, head-snapping Scoot!!

And... the gas tank is WHERE?

Rgds, WRIDR

The gas tank is under the seat - the stock 1983 Gen1 location. A small section rises up just in front of the seat, that is where the gas cap is located. The gas tank is one of the few things that I didn't change! In fact, it was the main reason why I bought the bike from Crashed Toys. The stock Gen1 bike has a plastic housing that looks like a standard gas tank but actually encloses the air filter, battery, and the front little bit of the gas tank. Of course, the gas tank has a very complicated, strange shape which is needed to fit down under the seat and out on both sides. I didn't like having a heavy battery sitting up so high in the bike and so I built a metal rack which sits under the transmission and holds the battery. The rack hinges down so the battery can be accessed. Although the total bike weight is pretty high, it "feels" much lighter because the weight sits very low.

zag

IMG_1566.jpg

Edited by zagger

Went to the show - pretty darned cold riding today. Only two bikes there, my black beast and a chrome and shine Bucky Badger chopper (Univ. of Wisconsin logo stuff). Lots of fancy cars. Talked for quite awhile with a guy showing a 1930's hot rod with a huge V8 topped off with a big supercharger - around 600 horsepower. Nice car but might be difficult to stay in the posted speed limits! It reminded me that I originally planned to mount a supercharger on the black beast - one reason why I wanted the intakes to be open and not covered by a gas tank. But after riding it and seeing just how fast it is, I decided not to risk breaking the engine with a blower. I already have a difficult time keeping within the posted speed limit.

Turned out that they were only giving trophies for cars and tractors (lots of antique tractors were there). So after I drank enough beer to float a barge, I headed for home. Got back just in time to head to the dump with my wife's garden debris before it closed. Lucky me!

zag

PS And now it is raining. It was good that I left a bit early. Riding on highways in the rain is one of my least favorite activities!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114586

I love the look of your bike, that is a piece of Art that will go down the road real stinkin fast.....awesome machine. Thanks

Mike

I love the look of your bike, that is a piece of Art that will go down the road real stinkin fast.....awesome machine. Thanks

Mike

Thanks, nice of you to post that. Gonna head out for a big ride on Sunday - kind of like working at a big trade show with lots of visitors and discussions.

zag