IGNORED

Now they are taking the proverbial....

Kretz

Frustrating!

Bear in mind this refers to shooting supplies, firearms etc & Gov't rules & regs are partly to blame. Maybe I should have taken up :fishin: instead. LOL

We have a Bass Pro store but it is a one & a half hour drive away (if traffic is good). We are lucky to have a Cabela's store only 20 min drive away. But here's the rub. Bass Pro & Cabela's recently merged, (Jan 2018) they plan to continue as two separate storefronts. Cabela's leaning more towards shooting & hunting with Bass Pro leaning more towards fishing & camping etc. (that's what we were told anyway) but there will be a fair amount of crossover.

Bass Pro's website only shows US products & US pricing (fair enough) & they try to direct Canadian customers to Cabelas (who do not carry the same range of goods) & who's prices are invariably more than the same item at Bass Pro. (Example: An archery release I bought at Cabela's for Cd$140, same item at BP Regular Cd$125 & now on sale (latest flyer) for Cd$99!!!)

So, I see something on Bass Pro's website & I have no way of getting it (unless I'm lucky & Cabela's keep the same stock) but mostly they don't &/ or (as above) it's more expensive!

Today I got an e-mail from Bass Pro & it's titled "Learn what the Bass Pro site can do for you!"

It's almost like they are :stickpoke: saying look on our website & see what we have, & you guys north of the border can't have ANY of it! :rasberry: :rotf:

I contacted Bass Pro & they tell me they are "working" on a Canadian website with Canadian content & Cd$ pricing, but when it will be launched is anyone's guess. Meanwhile we have to look at what you guys can get & your prices & merely dream!

Meanwhile we have to actually go to the "local" store to see what they have in stock & to see their Cd$ pricing.

:rant:

Plus it's also :scorched:too freakin' HOT, supposed to be 35-38deg C today (100 deg f) it's supposed to be cold up here! LOL

Edited by Kretz

You're at least in an area where those stores exist albeit I'd rather be here than there. We have Walmart, Crappy Tire, & Home Hardware ... no Home Depot, no Lowes, no Rona .... :95:

That's why I said we are lucky to have the Cabelas locally. Where are you now? I thought you were in Surrey? I know you got the RV so maybe you're on the move. I wouldn't cry without a Rona though. LOL.

That's why I said we are lucky to have the Cabelas locally. Where are you now? I thought you were in Surrey? I know you got the RV so maybe you're on the move. I wouldn't cry without a Rona though. LOL.

We're now living in Castlegar. We sold the 5th wheel and truck and bought a house here. We've been living here in a rented basement suite since May 1st. The deal on the house closes Aug 31st and we take possession Sep 1.

As for Surrey, we sold our place there and left there a year ago and travelled across Canada and spent the winter in the USA in our 5th wheel.

So glad to be the hell out of the lower mainland. Absolutely love it here in the Kootenays. In case you haven't heard, I'm going to host another Kruis'n the Kootenays rally here next summer. Hope you'll be able to make it.