My 86 Royale will hold the air pressure forever as long as I don't switch the key off accessories. As soon as I switch it off and back on again the pressure is gone. If there were any leaks I should see it drop but the pressure is maintained as long as I don't swith the key off. Can anyone offer an explanation? I am tempted to install manual valves on the lines that I can swith to the closed position after pumping the air into the suspension. It is the only problem that I have that prevents me from a complete restoration of my beloved bike.

Chris

Are you saying that it automatically dumps all of the pressure when you do that? Or is it just that the monitor is showing no pressure?

You might want to check out the threads on re-soldering the circuit boards involved.

My 86 Royale will hold the air pressure forever as long as I don't switch the key off accessories. As soon as I switch it off and back on again the pressure is gone. If there were any leaks I should see it drop but the pressure is maintained as long as I don't swith the key off. Can anyone offer an explanation? I am tempted to install manual valves on the lines that I can swith to the closed position after pumping the air into the suspension. It is the only problem that I have that prevents me from a complete restoration of my beloved bike.

Chris

Can you hear the air being released???? If you turn the key off, then back on it will show no pressure (after power up display) until you select front or rear, to get a reading from.

Can you hear the air being released???? If you turn the key off, then back on it will show no pressure (after power up display) until you select front or rear, to get a reading from.

Yeah that^^. The class would give you a reading until you tell it what to read... :)