IGNORED

Lower wind deflectors

Does anyone have experience riding both with and without lower wind deflectors? If yes, do they make a big difference?

The bike can get a bit warm on my daily commute to work wearing dress pants that don't shield as well as jeans.

I would like to hear first hand experience before shelling out $250.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have experience riding both with and without lower wind deflectors? If yes, do they make a big difference?

The bike can get a bit warm on my daily commute to work wearing dress pants that don't shield as well as jeans.

I would like to hear first hand experience before shelling out $250.

Thanks

I don’t have them, but a guy who used to be here (YamahaParExcellance) said he HIGHLY recommended them. Said they made a huge difference on a warm day. Of course you have to be moving though. Stop n go traffic or slow traffic isn’t gonna do much for ya.

I have them and they are nice when moving. If you live where there are lots of bugs then they aren't so nice as they will funnel them right to you and your passengers legs. They are also in the way if you install foot rests.

I have them and they are nice when moving. If you live where there are lots of bugs then they aren't so nice as they will funnel them right to you and your passengers legs. They are also in the way if you install foot rests.

Thanks for that info Glenabby! I was considering installing them but wondered about whether or not they’d be in the way of accessing highway pegs/boards. You’ve answered my question. Now the dilemma is, do I want my highway pegs more than the air flow? Hmmm??

If they are turned in they are fine but when turned out you have to be careful when you put your feet on the pegs. It's doable just have to be careful that's all.

Ok, but the first time you have to move quick (and not carefully) to get your foot on the brake, there goes your wind wing and hopefully no damage to the fairing!

Appreciate the feedback. This is one of those times when being inseam challenged is a good thing. I have no use for extended foot pegs as I wouldn't be able to reach them!

I test rode a bike without them, but ordered them when I bought the bike. They make a HUGE difference. Installed them myself in about an hour and a half. The worst part was drilling the hole from the inside of the fairing panel and hoping it wouldn't break out where it went through, but all went perfectly. The built-in drill guides make it a piece of cake. Worth every penny, especially if you have a passenger. Really helps pull the cool air in on hot days.

I test rode a bike without them, but ordered them when I bought the bike. They make a HUGE difference. Installed them myself in about an hour and a half. The worst part was drilling the hole from the inside of the fairing panel and hoping it wouldn't break out where it went through, but all went perfectly. The built-in drill guides make it a piece of cake. Worth every penny, especially if you have a passenger. Really helps pull the cool air in on hot days.

Thanks for the info. How tall are you? I’m 6’ 3” so the extra legroom will help. Like I said, I didn’t want to hit them OR have my legs incontact with them while using highway pegs. I’m going to be installing the Kuryakyn Ergo III with Longhorn adjustable bar. I want to be able to place the peg up and forward rather than straight out which would impact ground clearance since that frame bar is so low.

I'm only 5'11'. I don't know for sure if highway pegs would interfere, but the forward position might be an issue. The deflector would be near the inside of your calf. Depends on how far out the pegs sit I suppose. There would certainly be care required. Some members have had the deflector break where the blade and the bracket connect in the middle. Obviously not designed to take much abuse. Best of luck!

I'm only 5'11'. I don't know for sure if highway pegs would interfere, but the forward position might be an issue. The deflector would be near the inside of your calf. Depends on how far out the pegs sit I suppose. There would certainly be care required. Some members have had the deflector break where the blade and the bracket connect in the middle. Obviously not designed to take much abuse. Best of luck!

2000 miles into our 6 week road trip with the majority of time in the 90’s. The lower wings are essential IMHO. I’m 5’10” and 31 “inseam, hiway pegs for me on the crash bars wouldn’t work but I wish I had installed the pegs that mount on the floorboards just for a little more flex. We had very high gusty winds coming into Moab, my buddy on his Streetglide was almost blown off the road twice. The SVTC handled the wind much better. Great bike.dfc09e038a49b8490c1452ea23a9bec4.jpgd98a404a4d4576c76d469fa75a279d88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 miles into our 6 week road trip with the majority of time in the 90’s. The lower wings are essential IMHO. I’m 5’10” and 31 “inseam, hiway pegs for me on the crash bars wouldn’t work but I wish I had installed the pegs that mount on the floorboards just for a little more flex. We had very high gusty winds coming into Moab, my buddy on his Streetglide was almost blown off the road twice. The SVTC handled the wind much better. Great bike.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180611/dfc09e038a49b8490c1452ea23a9bec4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180611/d98a404a4d4576c76d469fa75a279d88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics Yoopermoose! Please keep em coming!

Thanks for the info. How tall are you? I’m 6’ 3” so the extra legroom will help. Like I said, I didn’t want to hit them OR have my legs incontact with them while using highway pegs. I’m going to be installing the Kuryakyn Ergo III with Longhorn adjustable bar. I want to be able to place the peg up and forward rather than straight out which would impact ground clearance since that frame bar is so low.

Don't want to get too far off topic, as I am considering the lowers, but am interested in a consensus on the preferred highway pegs for the SVTC. I like the boards so far, but with the fog lamps, it's pretty crowded and thought that pegs would maybe be a non starter.

Don't want to get too far off topic, as I am considering the lowers, but am interested in a consensus on the preferred highway pegs for the SVTC. I like the boards so far, but with the fog lamps, it's pretty crowded and thought that pegs would maybe be a non starter.

For my tastes, I’m getting the Kuryakyn “ERGO III pads with Longhorn bars”. This will relegate my foot position and NOT take away from cornering clearance. Because the frame bar is so low, if you have straight pegs it will lessen your cornering clearance.

The set up I’m getting will place my feet up higher than the end of the board and also forward to stretch my legs out.