IGNORED

Exhaust options

I know our bikes are new to market but was just wondering if anyone bit the bullet and installed one of the off the shelf "universal mounting" slip-on? I am not looking to piss off the neighbors, but would like a little bit more sound/growl from the pipes.

Maybe some flames too.... :bikersmilie:

Just kidding!!

Not me I love the sound of this V-Twin Star Venture.

I did the pipes, intake, and tuners on my 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour and 2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited Low, changed the seats on them, changed the grips the windshields, on the Harley I swapped out the rear shocks for a set of JRI to get a better quality ride.

I find the Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental to be fine just the way it is, I am just going to enjoy this bike for many miles and several years, this is the bike I have been looking for and Yamaha built it.

I think the stock exhaust has the perfect sound and when we are riding we are not listening to a loud exhaust anymore, that was really starting to get tiring on the Harley.

I know our bikes are new to market but was just wondering if anyone bit the bullet and installed one of the off the shelf "universal mounting" slip-on? I am not looking to piss off the neighbors, but would like a little bit more sound/growl from the pipes.

Maybe some flames too.... :bikersmilie:

Just kidding!!

I pretty much agree with Amercian on the current sound, although I did contact both Cobra & Vance&Hines and asked if they had any plans to develop or produce something for the new Venture. Both responded “not at this time”.

I have been curious how that 1854cc would sound if I removed the baffles from the current stick pipes. All this on my end is just curiosity. Yamaha sound division actually “tuned” the sound of this exhaust and frankly it’s very nice. You can hear it softly with a nice deep note and it comes alive when you’re hard on the throttle, but after 9.5hrs straight in the saddle from Pennsylvania to North Carolina it was not bothersome. My buddy in Pennsylvania who rides an 2012 Ultra Classic whom I went up to see has a different problem on his side. He has some aftermarket pipes on his that have a great sound for the first 20 minutes. He had to confess that after us riding all day through the Pocono Mountains his ears were ringing.

Just like so many other factors, desiring more or less sound is as individual as preferring blonde or brunette!

I pretty much agree with Amercian on the current sound, although I did contact both Cobra & Vance&Hines and asked if they had any plans to develop or produce something for the new Venture. Both responded “not at this time”.

I have been curious how that 1854cc would sound if I removed the baffles from the current stick pipes. All this on my end is just curiosity. Yamaha sound division actually “tuned” the sound of this exhaust and frankly it’s very nice. You can hear it softly with a nice deep note and it comes alive when you’re hard on the throttle, but after 9.5hrs straight in the saddle from Pennsylvania to North Carolina it was not bothersome. My buddy in Pennsylvania who rides an 2012 Ultra Classic whom I went up to see has a different problem on his side. He has some aftermarket pipes on his that have a great sound for the first 20 minutes. He had to confess that after us riding all day through the Pocono Mountains his ears were ringing.

Just like so many other factors, desiring more or less sound is as individual as preferring blonde or brunette!

Hey you were up in my neck of the woods, if you get up this way again let me know. Would love to see your new scoot and treat you to your choice of beverage. Glad to see you enjoying that beautiful bike.

Craig

Hey you were up in my neck of the woods, if you get up this way again let me know. Would love to see your new scoot and treat you to your choice of beverage. Glad to see you enjoying that beautiful bike.

Craig

Sounds like a deal there Craig! Same goes for you if you ever get down to the Charlotte, NC area!

Craig

Heres a pic just for the heck of it!