IGNORED

26 hour wait is over

I sold all my venture stuff yesterday.the guy rolled out with the last of it except for one pure parts bike still in the back yard at about 630 pm..As of 846 pm today I now have a gorgeous black and silver 87 in my driveway.26 hours without a venture.I bet none of ya'll have gone that long. the tires battery oil change and k and n filter have 76 miles on them.I can hardly wait to go riding, but first insurance tags and registration.I also will need to quickly put some sort of highway pegs because i cant drive with midmounts.Thats the only thing i liked about my second gen bikes.I have lots of brackets,p clamps, stuff to maybe get some made somehow.The former owner has some mounted on the stock crashbars.But they are so high in the air.Its like to ride with those you would be almost recumbent.I will try moving those around but most likely it wont work.The radio,all the bells and whistles all work.

26 hours without a venture.I bet none of ya'll have gone that long. the tires battery oil change and k and n filter have 76 miles on them.I can hardly wait to go riding, but first insurance tags and registration.I also will need to quickly put some sort of highway pegs because i cant drive with midmounts. Thats the only thing i liked about my second gen bikes.I have lots of brackets,p clamps, stuff to maybe get some made somehow.The former owner has some mounted on the stock crashbars.But they are so high in the air.Its like to ride with those you would be almost recumbent.I will try moving those around but most likely it wont work.The radio,all the bells and whistles all work.
Congrats on returning to the best Venture. I recall feeling the same way about the foot position and wanted to change it after getting my first Venture in '09 but after a few years my legs adjusted to it. Now it just isn't an issue.

It's still good to have somewhere to stretch the legs while on a long trip though. I had the straight Yamaha folding foot rests mounted on the crash bars and found mounting them on the front vertical part worked the best for me. The biggest problem with that position is there isn't a lot of room for the foot. Kuryakyn makes a very adjustable highway peg that should work very well in that position. I never tried them because I didn't want them enough to spend the big bucks on anything Kuryakyn.

The Kuryakyn Universal mount highway peg works perfectly for me in this position;

highwaypeg1.jpg

highwaypeg2.jpg

I'm 5'8" and have a 30" inseam.

There is knock off, Kuryakyn style stuff out there that are rather well made and quite inexpensive. I got a good deal on the real McCoys on ebay quite some time ago. They have been mounted on 4 or five different bikes over the years.

I have a bunch of stuff I have accumulated.Some like yall show here.I cant get adjusted to the midmount position.Because in 2001 a guy rearended me while i was sitting at a redlight.My honda at the time only had 432 miles on it.I went flying and rolling.My right knee cant stay flexed in a normal position ever since then.It has to be extended. I have the pieces,just dont have the time yet.I am off today, but the heat index is expected to be 107.

I dont have any money right now but I know what I am going to do.I already have pclamps and kury pegs,but that doesnt work because the stock crashbars shape.I cant reach way up front like 1 picture here.dime city universal controls for $149 plus the rear brake kit for $59 and it will work great.Shipping and all the price will be about 250,260ish.I still dont have tags so I just rode around the neighborhood.It kills my right leg being flexed like that.The left leg of course is fine.

I ran the TC Bros forward controls on my Seca 750. They work well but are not much to look at.

I still have them and considered mounting them on my Maxim 750, which is the bike they were actually designed for, but I never got around to it. They're banged up a bit as My son decided he was going to drag a knee and snagged the pavement with one right about the time he decide he didn't like forward controls on "His" Seca. Well, I had given it to him for a graduation present so...

I did not tell the story about this bike.It is not just my 8th venture.It is , but it is special.I rented a truck and trailer, went to weatherford texas,75 miles to get it. the guy Mike that took the money gave me the title told the story.it belonged to a lifelong friend.he and a few others had ridden all over the usa on their bikes.This friend had gotten leukemia, was very ill, and died in february this year.He told mike before he died if he got out of the hospital he sure would like to go on another trip.But his bike needed things done first.Mike and another friend took the bike, had new tires,new closed cell battery, complete carb clean and service, new k and n airfilter all done.It only had 76 miles on it since the work was done. They showed pictures of the roadready bike to their friend before he died. That man was so appreciative. So the bike is great, but the story is much better.

i ran the tc bros forward controls on my seca 750. They work well but are not much to look at.

I still have them and considered mounting them on my maxim 750, which is the bike they were actually designed for, but i never got around to it. They're banged up a bit as my son decided he was going to drag a knee and snagged the pavement with one right about the time he decide he didn't like forward controls on "his" seca. Well, i had given it to him for a graduation present so...

sell them to me

I'll dig them out and take a look to see if they are usable for sure. I know they will need one of the long grade 8 bolts that mount the peg to the bracket. I'm not sure how you'd mount them on the gen one, but I know my linkages will not be of any use to you.

I'll dig them out and take a look to see if they are usable for sure. I know they will need one of the long grade 8 bolts that mount the peg to the bracket. I'm not sure how you'd mount them on the gen one, but I know my linkages will not be of any use to you.

if the pegs and the bearings that rotate around the post coming from a point mounted on the fork tubes is intact i think I can fabricate the linkage.I will have to buy something to connect the back brake.If you find them i would like to see what you have