IGNORED

selling my venture stuff

Next tuesday a guy about my age is coming to get all 3 of my ventures.I dont plan on any more big bikes.I have my xj650 running, just need to do a couple things.I seldom ride over 50 miles anymore.Just true pleasure rides. I have always thought the venture is the best touring bike.Not many other people do compared to wingers and harley fans.I know different.I really did not like my 99 and 01 bikes.The seats are very uncomfortable and they just seemed too topheavy.I suppose the 18 model is different.I have the xj650,one rider and 1 for parts.Great fun and fast little bikes.I may own another royal star tour deluxe, about a 2005 model, but no more ventures. Steven tyler was lucky he got some cheap parts from me before they were all gone.

Next tuesday a guy about my age is coming to get all 3 of my ventures.I dont plan on any more big bikes.I have my xj650 running, just need to do a couple things.I seldom ride over 50 miles anymore.Just true pleasure rides. I have always thought the venture is the best touring bike.Not many other people do compared to wingers and harley fans.I know different.I really did not like my 99 and 01 bikes.The seats are very uncomfortable and they just seemed too topheavy.I suppose the 18 model is different.I have the xj650,one rider and 1 for parts.Great fun and fast little bikes.I may own another royal star tour deluxe, about a 2005 model, but no more ventures. Steven tyler was lucky he got some cheap parts from me before they were all gone.

When one door closes another one opens! Stick around on the site and feed us pics of that xj650

When one door closes another one opens! Stick around on the site and feed us pics of that xj650

this guy,his name is mike, he has never owned or worked on a venture.I hope he asks me a lot of questions.And i will direct him here too.I will show pictures of the mess I started with on this xj.

cruiserlover,

Are you a member at xjbikes.com?

It's another great forum dedicated to the Yammaha XJ series. I've been a member there for many years as my first Yamaha was the '81 Seca 750, XJ750 RH that has now been relegated to parts status. I also currently have the '82 Maxim 750 which was my daily commuter till I found the XVZ12.

Any way as Chaharly said, stick around, there's more going on here than Ventures.

cruiserlover,

Are you a member at xjbikes.com?

It's another great forum dedicated to the Yammaha XJ series. I've been a member there for many years as my first Yamaha was the '81 Seca 750, XJ750 RH that has now been relegated to parts status. I also currently have the '82 Maxim 750 which was my daily commuter till I found the XVZ12.

Any way as Chaharly said, stick around, there's more going on here than Ventures.

most definitely I am on the xj forum.A vendor there makes it possible to restore,maintain,fix anything a xj owner could ever need.I have found many other bikes I liked but had no support.Ventures and goldwings, the honda 4s have a huge fan base.I never even heard of a maxim till a couple months ago.They got lost in the ujm shuffle.They are great bikes.

Yeah, Len(chacal) is a miracle man. He's saved more Yamaha XJ bikes from the scrap heap than I can imagine.

I suspect, but have no proof that he owns the forum. It may not even be any kind of secret, I've just never bothered asking.

Yeah, Len(chacal) is a miracle man. He's saved more Yamaha XJ bikes from the scrap heap than I can imagine.

I suspect, but have no proof that he owns the forum. It may not even be any kind of secret, I've just never bothered asking.

I figure he created and owns the forum.He knows more about the xj than anybody else.

this is my starting point.the silver one runs and rides but no brakes.I am getting tired of the whole thing, I might just sell all of it.The venture stuff is gone.And guess what, now there are 4 more like the 86 I just sold and for a price cheaper than i could have ever got mine done for.I may have another venture by tomorrow.geez.I need help.getting it home,nothing else.

the donor bike has given me the master cylinder,front fender,soon the signal lights,headlight,one sidecover,soon the footpegs,seat,gastank,soon to be the luggage rack, and brake caliper.I am so struggling with not buying an 86 and 87 first gen on CL I saw yesterday.20180529_084330.jpgI need to delete the photo of the parts bike first gen but cant figure out how to.

20180507_130149.jpg