Hello Everyone:

Just one question I need to install a new cluch. And I alredy have the oem fiber and steel plates. But what I was wondering is should I get the pcw heavey duty spring or the barnett plate and springs. Which might be better? :confused24:

Thanks in advance

Quicksilver

:)

I'll tell you to go with the PCW as it is a bit cheaper and very easy to install. I know others that have the Barnett and are happy with it also, it's a good system, just more money. I have personally done 4 of the PCW kits and they work awsome, John Ganey is a great guy to work with and he's a small business which I like to support.

You can do the swap out without even changing the oil, set it on the sidestand, take the cover off and do the change. Mechanically inclined 30 minutes, not so much 60 to 90....I know others will chime in here also.

Now either the PW Racing or the Barnett pressure plate will work just fine and allow the fiber plates to last much longer. But the PW kit will cost less and the Barnett pressure plate is certainly prettier. I put the PW kit in my 02 and ran it for 70k before I started noticing slight slippage.

If money is no object, choose the prettier one, but use OEM fiber plates and not the Barnett kevlar plates.

Rick

I have loads of respect for this man's guidance.

Ross