IGNORED

brake dust??

Guest cwil2988

Guest cwil2988

I have a 2006 TD in White.I always get a little buildup of black either brake dust or residue off the tires on the inside of the bag lids, not ever very bad as I lean just about every day I ride, but very annoying. I was wondering if anyone has tried different pads, or knows any other tricks to lessen or eliminate this problem

thanks BTW, this is my first post, and I love all the info I have gotten from everyone's posts so far. Thanks Everyone

:225:

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has tried different pads, or knows any other tricks to lessen or eliminate this problem

Well by golly if you do find a trick please post it..

I have White Wall tires and they stay that way for about the first 100 miles... then they begin to turn black, and yet I try my best NEVER to use the rear brake...

Oh, and dont be afraid to post more often my friend... there are only a few here that bite. :rasberry:

It's nice to know someone has such great taste in bike color! (I have one also, her name is Pearl). I have had mine pin-striped in the same gold and silver as the factory stripping. Makes a good looking bike. Same problem with brake dust so I just clean it before each ride. I guess the best solution is JUST RIDE AND NEVER STOP! Ride safe!

Mark

Guest cwil2988

thinking about getting custom license plate with PURL on it- been considering it for a while actually, but I gotta wait till like September to order it- goofey Ky government thing.

update- I eliminated some of the buildup by simply turning my exhaust tips, used to have the slant facing up, now they are turned down. figure that after I get my fish tails on, that much of it will be gone. Used to get all over the back of the back too, around the turn signal area. now just a little on the inside of the lid area. rode 200 miles last saturday on a poker run, and noticed great improvement when I got home. I only had to wipe off the lids, and clean my windshield, then I was good to go again.

See post on fishtails to follow this one.

:stirthepot::detective:

Guest cwil2988
thinking about getting custom license plate with PURL on it- been considering it for a while actually, but I gotta wait till like September to order it- goofey Ky government thing.

update- I eliminated some of the buildup by simply turning my exhaust tips, used to have the slant facing up, now they are turned down. figure that after I get my fish tails on, that much of it will be gone. Used to get all over the back of the bag too, around the turn signal area. now just a little on the inside of the lid area. rode 200 miles last saturday on a poker run, and noticed great improvement when I got home. I only had to wipe off the lids, and clean my windshield, then I was good to go again.

See post on fishtails to follow this one.

:stirthepot::detective:

what it's supposed to say