IGNORED

Clutch cylender / Charging problem

I need repair help a lot. I'm a brand new member and have no idea how to navigate this site.

If I have a question about a 2002 midnight charging problem, after replacing the clutch slave cylinder, and may have pulled a little hard on some wires that were in the way........How would a question like that get to others that could possibly have a quick and easy answer, or be able to hit a button somewhere and reboot it.

Hi Papa = 1st things 1st = :welcome1::welcome::group cheers::group cheers::2RED: to the club!!!!!

I have never owned a 2nd Gen Venture like I assume you are speaking of.. I only say that cause I think Yamaha also made Midnight Roadies (V-Twins) too but, thinking you probably have a V-4 Venture? I will proceed.

As far as I know, all the Yamaha V-4's were "wired" the same internally at the stator. They also share in the clutch slave mounting and I have dealt with both, numorous times on my 1st Gen Ventures..

Coming out of and across the area right in the way of removing that clutch slave are the three stator wires that feed the electrical system in your bike = these three wires are probably white and will be alone in their own harness. There are other wires crossing in the same area coming from the stator but they are not related to the charging system. On the 1st Gens, the three wires that I am speaking about have a harness terminal about half way up the frame spar on the left hand side under the plastic side cover. I know that you bike does not have that cover and I am almost sure there is also no terminal there like I am refering to. I also know that the regulator on your bike has been moved forward to, I believe, right below the radiator.. I think I would look there for the terminal I am speaking of.. If it were mine, I would disconnect that three wire terminal and ohm out (test with an ohm meter) the three white wires leading back to the stator as my first diagnoses.. The test I am speaking of is a "normal" test for checking the condition of your stator. It is possible that you damaged one of those wires in the process of changing the slave and that is where your charging problem resides..

Navigating the site is fairly simple. If you go above on this page and notice the line that says "forum", "tech talk", second gen tech talk and then click on "forum" this will take you right to the lists of thread area that you can choose from..

If you scroll down that list you will see this thread area (Second Gen Tech Talk) = keep scrolling down and you will see our clubs READ ONLY library. There will be a thread area in that forum that will say "Second Gen" in its title = click on that and BINGO - endless advice!! OR,, if you want to you can click here on this and it will take you there: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?14-Second-Gen-and-Royal-Star-Technical-Library-READ-ONLY!

Also, in that list of forum areas you will see "The Water Hole". This is where a lot of us lop eared varmints hang out and cause trouble.. Please stop by in there and say hi!!

Puc

You'll see a white box to the left of the magnifying glass on the menu bar. Type in key words for what you are looking for and search. Also...you may have noticed, after putting in a thread title if you scroll to the bottom of the window there are suggested threads to look at regarding your subject title.