IGNORED

Side cover clip/strap

Guest l84ridin

Guest l84ridin

This website is great. I happened to come across this doing a search for a part i'm needing. Reading the threads, all the information that is offered. Wow! I just bought a 1984 yamaha xvz12 1200cc venture. Still trying to get use to it. Never had a bike with a fairing on it. Gonna take some time to get use to it. Great bike. I have a problem. On the side cover. There is a clip that attaches the side cover to the frame on the bottom of the cover. It is black and it says the word pull on it. You pull it off the sidecover and let it down and pop off the cover. I looked at the schematics from different websites and can't seem to find the part on it. Can you advise.

Thanks,

Kevin

This website is great. I happened to come across this doing a search for a part i'm needing. Reading the threads, all the information that is offered. Wow! I just bought a 1984 yamaha xvz12 1200cc venture. Still trying to get use to it. Never had a bike with a fairing on it. Gonna take some time to get use to it. Great bike. I have a problem. On the side cover. There is a clip that attaches the side cover to the frame on the bottom of the cover. It is black and it says the word pull on it. You pull it off the sidecover and let it down and pop off the cover. I looked at the schematics from different websites and can't seem to find the part on it. Can you advise.

Thanks,

Kevin

Look under sidecover parts diagram, item #3 & 12 it is part # 41R-2179E-00-00

"BAND,SIDE COVER" & listing at $8.90 each at flatout mc.

Guest l84ridin

Rocket,

Thanks for responding so fast. When you say flatout mc, is that the website? I did a search and couldn't find that website.

Thanks

Rocket,

Thanks for responding so fast. When you say flatout mc, is that the website? I did a search and couldn't find that website.

Thanks

http://www.flatoutmotorcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?category=Motorcycles&make=Yamaha&year=1984&fveh=80 This link is for the basic 1984 Venture, there is another for the "D" model of the same year.