IGNORED

Tires

Well PUC you nailed it again. Yamaha only made this bike with a weird tire size because that is what their sample of riders wanted. How stupid do they think we are? My guess is either they have an engineer on crack or there are royalties involved. I coined the phrase SDE (society of drunken engineers) for a reason. Because sober people would not design stuff like this.

Mike

New Goldwing uses same size rear tire

New Goldwing uses same size rear tire

Sure enough Dog = you nailed it big time!!! Thank you Honda cause in so doing, it appears that Dunny has jumped on the "we better make a tire for this new scoot too" band wagon which makes it look like the tire prices have already come down to about 1/2 of what they originally were when we were out demoing the new Venture at Sturgis last year = GOTTA LOVE CAPITALISM:usa:!!

Dunny or 'Stones though,, it will still be interesting to see what kind of tire mileage folks see out these new ones.. I know from experience (nephew owned a Strat that he and his wife toured on) that, because of the hit of the big twin Yam = the torque beat played havoc on tires - especially on hot tarmac (like all tires dont wear out prematurely on hot pavement right?).. I am not sure if the new Dunny is one of those high end dual compound tires or not but my buddies around here are running them on their big twin new HD's with good success (they dont tour though).. I know too that Mom Yam is using some new kind of composite engine mounts that may or may not absorbed some engine thump torque.. I also know that HD uses a compensator on the crank for such stuff as well as pulley to wheel snuffers - no idea if Mom Yam is utilizing either = be interesting to know.

I have my doubts that the new Honda will have this same out come with tire wear even though it operates at close to the same torque as the Yam = I got a theory that 6 hits per rev has less tire torque hit as 2 hits per rev when considering high torque.. It will be definitely be interesting to see where this all leads.. :biker:

Gotta LOVE talking scoots!!:biker:

Puc

Sure enough Dog = you nailed it big time!!! Thank you Honda cause in so doing, it appears that Dunny has jumped on the "we better make a tire for this new scoot too" band wagon which makes it look like the tire prices have already come down to about 1/2 of what they originally were when we were out demoing the new Venture at Sturgis last year = GOTTA LOVE CAPITALISM:usa:!!

Dunny or 'Stones though,, it will still be interesting to see what kind of tire mileage folks see out these new ones.. I know from experience (nephew owned a Strat that he and his wife toured on) that, because of the hit of the big twin Yam = the torque beat played havoc on tires - especially on hot tarmac (like all tires dont wear out prematurely on hot pavement right?).. I am not sure if the new Dunny is one of those high end dual compound tires or not but my buddies around here are running them on their big twin new HD's with good success (they dont tour though).. I know too that Mom Yam is using some new kind of composite engine mounts that may or may not absorbed some engine thump torque.. I also know that HD uses a compensator on the crank for such stuff as well as pulley to wheel snuffers - no idea if Mom Yam is utilizing either = be interesting to know.

I have my doubts that the new Honda will have this same out come with tire wear even though it operates at close to the same torque as the Yam = I got a theory that 6 hits per rev has less tire torque hit as 2 hits per rev when considering high torque.. It will be definitely be interesting to see where this all leads.. :biker:

Gotta LOVE talking scoots!!:biker:

Puc

I am going from a 2001 Goldwing to this new Venture hope to get fair mileage out of these tires got 24000Kms on my Exedras on the Wing only 15000 on E3s if so get 15000 on the excedras on the venture will be happy

Edited by ZOEYDOG