IGNORED

Having fun with the new Venture at the Sturgis Rally..

cowpuc

So cowpuc, would you own one of these pretty motorcycles if you could get it used before your CTFWing ran out?

Well,, gotta tell ya,,, lets see,, how do I say this,,, OH HECK NO!!!!!!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

First place,, I do not know of even one fixed fairing scoot that I consider purdy,, not one (looking over my shoulder to see if Tweeksis is creeping up with a fry pan :255:).. Fact is Snype,, I think these 1st Gens are one ugly mud sucker of a scoot.. Another interesting point, do you know what a HD Road Glide/Tour glide is? They are HD's version of a true touring bike - they had/have the dual headlights. Few years ago I got into shipping AMF HD Shovelheads to England for resale - real lucrative business.. One of the few scoots that I simply could not touch (because they had no real resale value - even in England the fixed fairing - dual headlight Tour Glide were not welcome - even the Europeans thought they were ugly)..

If I were ever going to get into another V-Twin, Air Cooled, belt drive scoot to hop around town on (no,, I do not consider them a "touring" bike but I do think think as a "cruiser" = heck yea,, BAD TO THE BONE) it would definitely be another HD.. You see that little 4 page accessory book I put up on the Yam? The HD is x1000 that book.. One thing I LOVE about the air cooled motors is how simple they are to work on,, about 45 minutes and I can have the cam cavity open and cams out of a Twin Cam.. HD has a Screamin Eagle parts book that, by itself, shames the Yamaha book to death.. I know,, I know I know,, the Yam is brand new - gonna take some time = right?

Was told that at Americade,, which I calmly walked away shaking my head from cause I KNEW that the basis of that new motor was the Strat motor and guess what I found out in Sturgis? I was 100% correct.. The techs out there told me that the "new" motor shared the top end/crank and cam chest cavity with the Strat (they would NOT admit this in NY).. To the folks who really dont care about what happened (you know,, that Mom Yam got sold out by a bunch of Star Riders who told her that a V-Twin belt drive would be better than the water cooled 1700 V-Max motor that they already sitting on the shelves) its no big deal but to me,,, in my way of thinking,, Star/Mom Yam or who ever Yamaha is now coulds/shoulda had at least a performance parts catalog out by now - if they are seriously gonna take on HD..

Also,, if I am I gonna pay BIG dollars for "soul" without the bike earning it like my 1st Gens have done,, its gonna be an HD.. IMHO,, every V-Twin air cooled scoot since Indian went under in 53 is a "clone" of the company who has kept that arciac design alive.. HD OWNS that market!!

All that and we have just scraped the surface,, havent even started on bling.. Also,, you ever look closely at paint detail on those High End air cooled scoots?? Tell ya what,,, if it aint gonna be a real deal genuine shaft drive, keep my honey from burning her pretty legs, flat out touring bike like a Wing or maybe a Beemer and its gonna be a scoot I am gonna polish and clean and ride around the hood to show off on - there aint NO ONE that Paints a scoot like them boys at HD = period!! Also,, you ever look closely at parts prices on some of the bling stuff? Might wanna check cause the last time I did,, Polaris was most expensive and seconded by HD with Polaris's ROI on a resale of the same being wayyyy behind HD if you had to sell off.. Looking at the Yam prices in the Accessory book = thinkin Mom Yam thinks those HD folks are gonna be jumping on the parts prices like they are suppose to be accepting of the MSRP on the 113 Venture going toe to toe with Polaris and HD..

Nope,, if I did Snype,, it would DEFINITELY be a HD,,, but have no fear,,,,, there are TONS of 1st Gens out there sittin - just waiting for me to wear this one out and hop on another...

@cowpuc guess shouldn't tell ya I seen a beautiful calvacade for 1300 wished I had the money I would give it a try. I grew up with Yamaha and Hondas and one scraped Suzuki I still take Yamaha any day over Harley just can't afford the Harley parts... But have seen Harley dealer work on shovel heads and pan heads which does tell me must have most parts available.... Ok there is that one Harley that's 6000 I would love to have. Never heard it run tho wonder if it has that Harley sound I love...

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Also my Yamaha never let me down seem like there Ford's in a sense... You all can knock a ford all ya want but they will whine and complain but never had one not start even with a funky carbs will add with spun bearings engine sound like train running down the tracks still drove another 500 miles....

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk