IGNORED

Stereo Output Power

Hello again everyone. Boy, I am just full of questions today. haha

Seems that I just don't get the power out of my stereo that my buddy gets on his 93 RSV. When he plays his stereo while riding, I can hear it. Faintly, but I can hear it. When I play mine, I have to crank it to full 30 and although I can hear it, it just isn't as loud enough and it is very distorted.

When I am using my headset, I can't make out the music. Oh, I can hear music playing but it is more noise than anything else. And again, distorted. And with the constant open mike picking up all the outside noise, wind, bike, my own breathing, it is more nerve racking than anything.

Also very hard to talk back and forth with my wife. She can barely hear me and I can hardly make out what she is saying.

ANOTHER THING:

Thought my buddy and I would try out the CB part of our system last weekend. His bike was about 50 feet away from mine. When I talked to him through my headset, it was so freaken loud, I could hear it come from his bike. It scared him and he had to turn it down. When he talked to me, I could hardly hear him at all, and my volume was turned up all the way (30).

Any ideas? Is my stereo defective? Are there any not so obvious settings that I have not adjusted?

Thanks.

once again all is related to your hi sensitivity mic setings. System is designed to dimm music when you are talking. Check out other post how to turn mic down.

keep Pressing Select button until IC Msg on LCD Screen, and turn down with Volume knob.

Good Luck

Starrider

The 06 seems to be different then our 07s. The IC will only change the intercom volume. One thing that kept me confused for a while is when you have a entertainment audio showing (radio, CD, AUX and such) the volume controls that audio level. If you have CB showing on the display the volume controls the CB volume and doesn't change the entertainment level. Hopefully I'm not the only one that took a while to figure this out. Did you have the CB display showing when you turned it all the way up?

My 07 is no power house as far as speaker level but it is usable. For speaker level maybe check to see if the fader or balance is set one way or the other. This would be no help for a low headset volume since you no longer have those selections when set to headset. For both headset and speakers make sure that the bass and treble are not turned all the way down.

If it is still very low it would help if possible to compare to another then take it up with your local dealer.

Jerry

Guest tx2sturgis

More info is needed.

Did this happen all at once, or slowly over time? Or has it been this way since it was new???

You may have a setting thats not right, or maybe you have a connector problem under the fairing. Try disconnecting the battery ground cable for an hour, and let the radio default to factory settings....see if that makes any difference.

If not, it may be a connector, and you may have to clean and cycle the radio connectors after splitting the fairing.

Let us know, and good luck.

AZSpyder

I really can't remember if the CD display was showing. I can only assume it was since I have just activated it to try it out. I tried with the headset and without. However, now that you explained the mutli volume controls, I will try it again. Have to wait for the snow to melt again

More info is needed.

Did this happen all at once, or slowly over time? Or has it been this way since it was new???

You may have a setting thats not right, or maybe you have a connector problem under the fairing. Try disconnecting the battery ground cable for an hour, and let the radio default to factory settings....see if that makes any difference.

If not, it may be a connector, and you may have to clean and cycle the radio connectors after splitting the fairing.

Let us know, and good luck.

The bike is new so it can't be wear and tear yet. And if the connectors need cleaning, let the dealer do that under warrantee next time the bike is in the shop.

Thanks

It sure sounds like you are adjusting the wrong volume. Headset intercom volume and speaker volume are not the same. the IC volume needs to be adjusted separately.

However if that is not the problem, I would open the cowling disconnect the connectors and reconnect them using dielectric gel. If that doesn't solve it it's waranty claim time.