IGNORED

Button on handlebar audio control is missing

I discovered one of my buttons is gone from my handlebar audio controls. It is off the Mute button, but they are all the same. Does anybody have one I could acquire for a reasonable chunk of change? If anyone has an entire unit with a good face-plate, I would consider buying it, since my face-plate is now a 3D printed replacement (not pretty).

When I bought my 89, it was missing the front scan button. I pulled the CB channel up and down plastic pieces from the rear control unit and covered the opening with a piece of electrical tape. My wife would never have a reason to switch CB channels, so they aren't missed at all. I took one of them and installed it on the front scan switch. We've moved since then, so I had no idea where the unused plastic piece I have is.

Frank D.

Thanks for the tip, Frank. I do have the rear control sitting on the shelf. I can use one of those buttons on the handlebar unit.:doh:
Thanks from me too Frank. Had the same problem.

@ Karaboo: Found out the usual hard way that the buttons do not pry out very well. Broke the first one so took the four screws out of the back of the controller and was able to easily push the button out from behind.