IGNORED

Suzuki GS 450 -- no power --

stickhandle2

Hi folks,

Question for any that have any experience with any café builds. A buddy of mine dropped off his sons Suzuki GS450 for me to taker a look at for him. His bought the bike last summer and it has not been on the road since then. At first I am told it did run (not well ) and then it stopped, but this time with no power. I started giving it a look over yesterday, turned on the key and the only thing that had any power was the neutral light, no starter , no horn, no lights. My first guess was blown fuse or fuses.........hmm where could the fuse block be, it is not where it should be as per some info I found on the interwebs (under the left side cover).....ok then some one has moved it.... not under the seat...not under the tank,..... not in the tail section.....not anywhere that I can see.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of something like this or am I just not seeing it.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Hi folks,

Question for any that have any experience with any café builds. A buddy of mine dropped off his sons Suzuki GS450 for me to taker a look at for him. His bought the bike last summer and it has not been on the road since then. At first I am told it did run (not well ) and then it stopped, but this time with no power. I started giving it a look over yesterday, turned on the key and the only thing that had any power was the neutral light, no starter , no horn, no lights. My first guess was blown fuse or fuses.........hmm where could the fuse block be, it is not where it should be as per some info I found on the interwebs (under the left side cover).....ok then some one has moved it.... not under the seat...not under the tank,..... not in the tail section.....not anywhere that I can see.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of something like this or am I just not seeing it.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Is there a black box behind the headlight? A 450 I wouldn't think would have much options. What about behind the battery box? Or fairly close to it. Only suggestion I have is other the obvious is trace the wiring on it. The Honda rebel I redid only had a main fuse and two other fuses and those fuses were in a small box attached to the airbox and it wasn't much bigger than a relay. Also it almost sounds like a wire is shorted somewhere on the frame....

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Edited by snyper316
Mispelled words

Is there a black box behind the headlight? A 450 I wouldn't think would have much options. What about behind the battery box? Or fairly close to it. Only suggestion I have is other the obvious is trace the wiring on it. The Honda rebel I redid only had a main fuse and two other fuses and those fuses were in a small box attached to the airbox and it wasn't much bigger than a relay. Also it almost sounds like a wire is shorted somewhere on the frame....

thanks for the reply, looked in the headlight, nothing there except the connections, I didn't look behind the headlight, no airbox, nothing behind the battery box, I am also thinking a bad wire , funny enough the bike has 2 negative grounds going to the battery, maybe disconnect the older of the 2.

Thank you again for the ideas, I will begin tracing some wires back, I have done some initial traces and they seem to lead back to the the headlight and lots of connectors. Maybe start pulling them and cleaning them, then see what happens.

Mike

thanks for the reply, looked in the headlight, nothing there except the connections, I didn't look behind the headlight, no airbox, nothing behind the battery box, I am also thinking a bad wire , funny enough the bike has 2 negative grounds going to the battery, maybe disconnect the older of the 2.

Thank you again for the ideas, I will begin tracing some wires back, I have done some initial traces and they seem to lead back to the the headlight and lots of connectors. Maybe start pulling them and cleaning them, then see what happens.

Mike

Might want to use needle nose pliers to clamp down that was another issue with the rebel the connections behind the headlight was loose so I tightened the female bullet connectors and that helped. Well more then that I got lights horn and ignition back..

Might want to use needle nose pliers to clamp down that was another issue with the rebel the connections behind the headlight was loose so I tightened the female bullet connectors and that helped. Well more then that I got lights horn and ignition back..

Good point.... thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...