IGNORED

Midnight Millie & I in a Parade

navydavy

I had the honor of participating in Riverside's 3rd Annual Salute to Veterans Parade. I'm with the Patriot Guard Riders, and there were about 50 bikes and 3 cages representing. I had the special honor of flying the Unites States Navy flag on my Venture up at the front along with the other services flags.

Of course everyone loves a parade, but one honoring our veterans has to be the best. I actually got to meet and shake hands with a Marine Veteran who saw action in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. This Hero looked to be in his 90's, and he was just beaming with pride as we stood in awe of his life. I also shook hands with retired Army Colonel Lewis Lee Millett, a Congressional Medal of Honor receipient. Another Hero I shook hands with was Tuskegee Airmen Buford A Johnson.

We were near the end of the parade, and during our three hour wait to get going, I was able to see and talk to a lot of interesting people. I especially appreciated the WWII Veterans. My dad served in the British Royal Navy during WWII, so I was thinking a lot about him as I saw these aging Heros. I had the privilege of serving aboard the battleships USS Iowa and USS Missouri when I was in the navy, and I had my USS Missouri ballcap on for the parade. A lot of the older sailors had stories about the battleships from their days.

I don't have any really great photos to share of the parade itself, but I'll attach a couple from before it. It was a great day.