IGNORED

Tire Size Question

Just had an Elite 3, 130/70-18 installed on my 86 VR. Old tire was Elite 2, 120/90-18 standard size tire.

Since the tire was not available in the original size I was assured though a bit smaller on diameter there should not be much of issue with the smaller tire.

Has anybody tried this size on the front with stock size on the back. Should I proceed with the tire or try something else. I put the wheel back on yesterday and then started thinking. Bike has not been driven yet.

120/90x18 converts to MR90 in the Dunlop tire size. Looking at Dunlop tire spec charts, the 130/70 has a load rating of 63H with a diameter of 25.28"

The MR90x18 has a load rating of 71H and a diameter of 26.46".

I'd go back and have the tire replaced with the correct size.

Assuming BlueSky's load rating information is correct the 130/70 isn't up to what Yamaha specifies, which is 65H.

I wonder what kind of outfit you dealt with that they don't know how to properly look up a tire and convert between metric and alpha sizing......

Just had an Elite 3, 130/70-18 installed on my 86 VR. Old tire was Elite 2, 120/90-18 standard size tire.

Since the tire was not available in the original size I was assured though a bit smaller on diameter there should not be much of issue with the smaller tire.

Has anybody tried this size on the front with stock size on the back. Should I proceed with the tire or try something else. I put the wheel back on yesterday and then started thinking. Bike has not been driven yet.

Correct sizes are: front 120/90-18 65H; rear 140/90-16 71H or MR90-18 and MU90B-16. Best to stick with those sizes. Just picked up an Elite 3 set online from FortNine for approx $370 CD.