Thank you sir, I had just looked that up on another site. My question now is the tires were made in 7/05. They are already 1 1/2 years old --should I be concerned about that? ----Buzz

No, throw them away and put on some Avons. You won't regret it.

If you put on the leveling links, stick to the stock sizes. If you don't put on the leveling links go to the smaller front tire, MT90/16. It will improve your slow speed handling tremendously.

Just my humble opinion.

Well...my answer wouldn't be quiet that drastic. :) I would inspect them well for hairline cracks on the sidewalls and between the treads. If you see no cracks...then you should be OK. Now if they are the Bridgestones...I would have thrown them away regardless of how old they are. :whistling:

No, throw them away and put on some Avons. You won't regret it.

If you put on the leveling links, stick to the stock sizes. If you don't put on the leveling links go to the smaller front tire, MT90/16. It will improve your slow speed handling tremendously.

Just my humble opinion.

lol---Is a little drastic Stoutman Im definately going to Avons or Metzlers when I change. I was riding a 1100 Shadow when I bought the Royal Star. I was concerned about the slow speed handling on the bigger bike. Can honestly say I am having no trouble with th RSTD slow speed -even 2 up and with the Bridgestones. (about the only way we ride). On the Honda forums --all the guys and gals swear about the Metzs. Have read on the RS forums about some having problems. Dont know. I will put a reasonable amount of miles on the BSs (it will take about 10 or 12 months) and I sounds like im going to be a happy camper when I change.

BTW --Stoutman --where is COLLEYVILLE???---Buzz

Well...my answer wouldn't be quiet that drastic. :) I would inspect them well for hairline cracks on the sidewalls and between the treads. If you see no cracks...then you should be OK. Now if they are the Bridgestones...I would have thrown them away regardless of how old they are. :whistling:

Thanks Freebird. Wish I had been a litte more "tire informed" when I bought the RS. I might have made a deal if I had noticed the age of the tires. Only experience I have had is with Dunlops. I was happy to see the it didnt have the Dunlops on It. ----Buzz

lol---Is a little drastic Stoutman Im definately going to Avons or Metzlers when I change. ...I will put a reasonable amount of miles on the BSs (it will take about 10 or 12 months) and I sounds like im going to be a happy camper when I change.

BTW --Stoutman --where is COLLEYVILLE???---Buzz

If it doesn't bother you no need to change. You may feel different as the bridgestone wears flat on the rear. I had mine for about 5 months (5,000 miles) and had enough. I threw them away and never looked back.

To answer your quesiton, Colleyville is in the Dallas/Fort Worth area on Highway 26 between Fort Worth and Grapevine, Texas. When I moved here it was a rural spot amid the metromess sprawl. Now they are tearing down all the older homes and building McMansions. I still like the place though. As long as the taxes are bearable and I still have a job, I'll stay.

Best of luck with whatever tire you choose.

Thank you sir, I had just looked that up on another site. My question now is the tires were made in 7/05. They are already 1 1/2 years old --should I be concerned about that? ----Buzz

The Bridgeslides are really noisy when you get them a mm off center. I changed mine out at 5800 as the rear was almost gone and put on the ME880's. Put 15,000 on those and now on my second set of 880's

I Like the Avons too but to answer your question you tires are safe if you are just judging the production date. IF they were about 5 years old and sitting outside then maybe I would be concerned. Look at the general condition of the tire an that will tell it all. Look for weather dry rot or small cracking in line with the bead. I own a tire business and get these questions all the time. If your bike is stored inside and at resonable temps you are will within any safe zone. Heck most passenger and bike tires are in a warehouse that is climate controlled that amount of time before they make it too you. If they look clean and there are no other issues like prior repairs, cuts or poor handleing issues use them then put on the Avons later.