Hi Guys and Gals:

I found a chrome bumper with lots of lights on eBay and purchased it. So far I think it is pretty good and is cleaning up nice. I have one problem though. There are two "U" bolts that I need for installing this thing. They go around the saddle bag roll bars and hold up the front of the bumper. I believe the originals are chrome and flattened on top. Does anyone have these animals or know where I could find something like this?

Wayne

I bought this one off E-Bay last year. It was inexpensive and I found out why when I got it. Missing a few parts. The U-clamps were the easy part. If you are lucky you will find a strap type (flat) in chrome at a motorcycle shop. And you will pay dearly for them. I used ones I found at my favorite Westlake Hardware store for a fraction of what a bike shop was asking for chrome. ($12.95 each) If I remember right I think they are 1" U-clamps.(round stock) Mine are stainless steel and I think they were about $4.85 each. I slipped clear shrink tubing over the U-clamp to help avoid scratching the crash bars. They came with a flat cross piece that was SS also.

The Westlake I go to is the newest one in the area and they are fantastic. I have replaced every bolt or screw I've taken out with SS hex heads. Don't ask me what I've spent, it makes my eyes water. I should be a complete basket case by the time I get the sidecover, valve covers, and other odds and ends plated and replace all those bolts with chrome ones.

If you insist on flat and can't find them try to cross reference them from universal joints with 1" caps and have them plated.