IGNORED

free stater side gasket

Doug royal86

I have a stater side gasket if anyone one is in need of it. Free just let me know where to send it. I got it for a 86 royal. also have a universal that went on a 83 royal. A intercom cable ,not sure if it works. Possible more things if I start cleaning out the garage. Just let me know. Also blank left side dash for 86

Edited by Doug royal86

I have a stater side gasket if anyone one is in need of it. Free just let me know where to send it. I got it for a 86 royal. also have a universal that went on a 83 royal. A intercom cable ,not sure if it works. Possible more things if I start cleaning out the garage. Just let me know. Also blank left side dash for 86

Doug,, if no one else has spoken up for the gasket I think I better do so.. I am still not sure if our new 83 has the stator update and I am gonna open it up - the gasket will be put to good use.. I'll PM you my home address - if the stuff has been spoken for - no problem and THANK YOU for the kind offer either way!!

Puc

• 3 weeks later...

Puc,

You don't have to pull the entire cover to verify that your 83 has the stator cooling update....just pull the inner cover and look and see if it has a hole in the center of the bolt head. If you want to verify that it has the 2nd update, pull the center bolt out and see if it has the inner rod.

Frank D.

Puc,

You don't have to pull the entire cover to verify that your 83 has the stator cooling update....just pull the inner cover and look and see if it has a hole in the center of the bolt head. If you want to verify that it has the 2nd update, pull the center bolt out and see if it has the inner rod.

Frank D.

Is there a procedure to pull that bolt?

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

The Yamaha manual want's you to use their special holding device to keep the engine from rotating and then use a box wrench or a socket and a rachet to remove the bolt. I usually just use my air impact gun (and a socket) to remove it without the engine spinning.

Frank D.