IGNORED

Gas prices

MikeM8560

we have lost in this country what it took to make it the great country it once was...self determination, strong work ethic, and self responsibility...the result is what you see now.......i didn't read all the posts here, but i know they are all talking about the same thing..greed, laziness, and free handout's......corp.in america have long ago given up doing what is right for the usa, it's only the survival of the co. that's important........we should unplug the stock market and return to providing a product or a service at a fair profit.....

if half the money collected in taxes went to half of what it is supposed to be for, we could reduce taxes by half.....

we send billions of dollars in foreign aid to countries that spit in our faces

we re-built the world twice, but that ethic is gone and certainly not appreciated

we should own iraq and iran......and quite playing footsie with 'em

the generation that went through the great depression, who knew how to work, save, and developed character, honesty, and integrity...is gone.....

i've got two sons who recently married, one has a new baby.......i worry about 'em.

i worry about their family..there is no loyalty in companies, to or from the employees, and certainly there is no loyalty to the USA.......

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to my brother last night, who drives a semi. He had just put in a little over $900 in fuel. No wonder everything is goin up.

Our whole economy is dependant on dino fuel. The oil producing nations have got us right where they want us, and haven't fired a shot... We should have gone after the middle east nations when, after tons of money was spent developing the oil industry in ME countries, they kicked the oil companies out, and took over all the assets without a kiss my patoot.... And we folded like a wet blanket.

Finally made my way through the thread. Many good points, and I would like to put in my 2 cents.

For sake of space I only quoted the opening but man do I hear ya! Everything keeps going up and up at rates we don't even realize and at the same time, our spendable cash diminishes accordingly and before we even realize it, we're broke! Can't even afford to ride our scoot half as much as we used to anymore. We at my work all got a 2.1% cost of living pay increase. For me, that works out to be roughly $48 more cash in my wallet per month... that barely covers my house rent increase which was $45/mo so do "they" really expect the $3 will cover all the other increases? I don't believe in stupid percentages when it comes to pay increases. 2.1% for a guy making 100k a year is a big difference than a guy making 50k a year. You can't tell me that it costs that guy that makes 100k a year more for gas and other such things than the guy making 50k. When wages go up according to the REAL COST increase in living is when things will turn around and the little guy will have more spending power and the credit card debt ratio will diminish. We're living in a world of "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer" and those in the middle aren't getting richer but rather, moving towards being a part of the poor.

And the government.... they keep taking more and more and spending it frivolously (sp?). When they need more money for some stupid expense, they just tack on more tax somewhere or, they take it away at tax time by giving less tax credits yet they try and sell us on some scheme to make it sound like they ain't taking anything....yeah sure right....we're not all stupid! ... but they're the power and it seems there's not much we can do about it when they set their minds to it. Sooner or later there will be a revolution I'm sure.

I could go on about frivolous govn't spending coz I see some of it first hand (working in a business that contracts to them) but I need to go cool off coz this is really getting me angry....gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's too bad we can't add a surcharge to our pay rate for things like gas increase... Airline co's do it...taxiis do it...trucking co's do it... everyone else does it.... why shouldn't we be able to??? doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Time to start doing some serious drilling off our east and west coast and Alaska. ................

And yeah I know, it will take several years before the crude will make it to the refineries. So let's get it started.

It would be nice to have some new good fishing spots also. :thumbsup2:

I just put diesel in my work truck this weekend 4.35 a gallon and that was at the cheap stations. My truck gets 12-14 mpg and I have no choice but to drive it. I tell you I'm using my hyundai and venture as much as possible when I don't have to haul tools or materials to a jobsite though.

Thats what kills me also In my work i end up needing my P/U and have to run around average 40 - 60 miles.:headache: none harldy bring the work to me.:confused24:

Well -- I have to tell this. A local Raceway station here obviously had a monkey programming the pump prices. Reg. was 3.49, Prem. was 3.79, and Plus was 2.63!!!!! A co-worker told me about it and I hustled over there as soon as I could. I really figured that some Dudley DoRight would have mentioned it to the people at the station, but I took advantage of it. Saved me $21!! Not the way my luck usually runs.

Guest bsreg

During the period following Katrina one station at home was noted for their gouging on the price of fuel, ticked many many people off... I personally stopped shopping from them until one night that I was running on fumes in my gas hog. I stopped just going to put enough in to get to another station. (since the hurricane some stations are far apart at night) well when I did I have to run premium. They have like 5 grades of fuel. ranging from 89 to 93.. I chose the middle grade. (it would rather have premium).

Started pumping not really paying attention and the pump popped like I was full. I looked up and it said .59, well I tried pumping so more in and it went along for a moment and popped again. I am like crap stopped at this place I don't like and now their dang pump isn't working correctly.

I continue to look and try to pump and fuel is now running over when it pops. I am like well crap I am full... I go to the front and look yeah fuel gauge says full. I go back to the pump look even closer.... pump reads .0326 as the price.

Well I checked a few other the others all for the same grade showed the same price.... of course I had to call some locals I knew and saw a few in the area pumping and advised them. The poor station did not catch the problem until nearly 12 hrs later when their tank ran out of fuel...