IGNORED

Almost finished

Well I rode the 3 wheeler tonight! Yee Haaw!

With the 2nd gear toast it just isn't the same!:(

The drive shaft from E-Bay showed up today, it looked better than the pics in the ad so I put it in right away. The brakes still have some air in them but the brakes work well enough, I have to change the windshield out with the one I bought through JC Whitney, the one on it has so many micro scratches the glare from on-coming head lights blinds me. There are some warning light issues, the regular light telling you head light is ok and on low beam doesn't work and the head light seems to be intermittent, the temp gauge is inop; I'm betting the drain valve is in the wrong position; isn't there an article on the forum on that? The outboard wheels' bearings have just a tad of play in them, I'm betting they weren't properly packed with grease either so I'm looking into all these things tomorrow. I will post new pics then too; showing my re-upholstered and heated seats. You'll also see I dumped the rider's floor boards too; they made shifting to awkward.

This winter I hope to have the other project bike up and running so I can tear this one down and fix the 2nd gear issue. I hope to post some pics of it tomorrow as well.

00s0s_kOtPiIUX0Wu_600x450.jpg

Update.

Something _hit the bed. Battery is grave yard dead. Something made a "click" sound, like a fuse blowing, but fuses check good. I had a stall at a light, it wouldn't start, the starter wouldn't turn over like it should. I'm thinking 2 brush starter syndrom. Pulling starters this weekend, the 4 brush starter from old #1 , and starter from the 3 wheeler, install 4 brush starter and 6 gauge wire on 3 wheeler. Hopefully end of problem.

That is one comfy looking seat! When I get strange electrical symptoms on any vehicle I go straight to grounds, I hope the updates sort it out.

A gift from my beautiful wife! It's real leather; made by a screamin', smokin' hot upholster at Rich's in Kingston, WA. He's got a web site and does take orders through the mails. He ain't cheap. He has nice place for customers to stay (sleep) while there seating needs are exceeded. They are sleeping rooms with a common area to include a kitchen, internet and cable TV.

When I got my seat, my wife had worked a 3rd shift the night before so after fitting her part of the seat to her he sent her upstairs to the rooms where she slept the rest of our time there. No charge.

Our Anniversary is on my birthday, so for those two events, Sweetest Day, Christmas, AND Fathers day (for the next 3 years) I got this seat! The driver's part is heated as she don't ride in the cold and I do!

That is an amazing gift indeed!

When you say Riches do you mean Riches cust upholstery? I had a Triumph Sprint seat done there back when I lived in Seattle if it's the same place, excellent results and yea, not cheap and was an all day affair. I cant recall what suburb he was in but it was a little ways out of Seattle proper. I have not returned to the Pacific Northwest since I moved out in 05 and as I recall he requires the backside to be present for the seat to be made right.

That is an amazing gift indeed!

When you say Riches do you mean Riches cust upholstery? I had a Triumph Sprint seat done there back when I lived in Seattle if it's the same place, excellent results and yea, not cheap and was an all day affair. I cant recall what suburb he was in but it was a little ways out of Seattle proper. I have not returned to the Pacific Northwest since I moved out in 05 and as I recall he requires the backside to be present for the seat to be made right.

Yep that's the guy and the place. He's in Kingston, WA. Across the Sound from Seattle. All day affair and now does seats without the butt. You can mail him your seat. http://www.richscustomseats.com/

Yep that's the guy and the place. He's in Kingston, WA. Across the Sound from Seattle. All day affair and now does seats without the butt. You can mail him your seat. http://www.richscustomseats.com/

That looks like the place. I'll have to get psyched up to spend that kind of scratch on a seat again. Usually a good long road trip makes that decision easier. I guess it wouldnt hurt to call him and find out what he can do without me having to go back into WA (WA, CA are near the top of my never again list) :happy34:

Thanks for posting the link.