IGNORED

Today's RANT....

SilvrT

I can't believe the "looney and tooney" are gone. When trucking in the western CN, I would get change from USD in CND. Everybody in NC USA loved the looks and would buy them from me.

Another fond memory trashed.

:farmer:

Not gone. Looney and Tooney are still going strong here, and I heard they are thinking of replacing $5 bills with coins as well. Our pennies are gone though, stores won't accept them anymore and everything gets rounded up or down to the nearest nickel. Debit and credit card purchases still charge the correct amounts.

Yah, I know that Don, it's the principal of it!! Even without the Kyosks though, the "recommended" tip on receipts on most of the places compute the tip wITH the tax amount included. Othere do not include the tax. I'm reaching a point in life where if you suggest I also tip on the TAX, I probably won't eat there again...

Unless the service is really bad I generally tip 20%, sometimes more, on the pre tax amount.

:sign yeah that: I usually tip fairly well but really hate being told what to and when.