IGNORED

Floorboard Covers

MAINEAC

I wanted chrome rider floorboard covers to match my Yamaha Chrome Passenger floorboards but I am too cheap to spend 200+ on the Yamaha's covers. I noticed that Yamaha's covers fit V-Stars, Road Stars, and Royal Stars and Kuryakin only lists the V-Star and Road Star. I decided to take a chance and bought the V-Star covers on ebay for $79.95 shipped and guess what they fit. Here's the guy I bought mine from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140156430541&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

For some reason he has the Road Star listings for a little more money but they're the same boards.

Yes, the would fit. I have them on my 2006 RSV and my son - in - law has the same ones on his 1996 Royal Star. The Yamaha floorboards are pretty well standard. You do have to take the shifter off to get the cover on that side, but it is just one bolt. In my opinion, the are better than the Yamaha ones and I have had both.

Do you think they would fit my 2006 RSTD?

Guest BluesLover
Any pic's on what they look like on the bike?

I have a set on mine and will try and post a pic later tonight after I get home. I do have some pictures of the bike with them on in my Gallery, but they really don't show off the floorboard covers very well at all.

They are very easy to install - you simply take out the current rubber inserts and these new ones actually sit over and on the outside of the existing floorboards (making the "footprint" just a tiny bit bigger).

Cheers,

Guest BluesLover

Here's a couple of pics of those front floorboard covers mounted on the bike.

I've also included pictures of what the sets (front and back) look like.

Cheers,

Hey Lou,

Thanks for putting up some pic's. They look pretty good, I ordered a set the other day. Where'd you get the passenger one's from? Are they also an insert or is that a solid chrome board so when you fold it up you see chrome or aluminum?

Thanks again!

Bill..

Guest BluesLover
Where'd you get the passenger one's from? Are they also an insert or is that a solid chrome board so when you fold it up you see chrome or aluminum?

Thanks again!

Bill..

Bill - I looked and looked and all I could find for the rear were the Yamaha chrome ones. The kids got together with my wife and staff and they gave me a gift certificate for Christmas, and I used that to buy the rear ones ('cause they're not cheap - over $200 I think :mo money:.

I've posted a pic of what they look like when they're folded.

Cheers,