IGNORED

Scored some HD slip ons!

DblTrbl

Stopped by the local HD shop today and inquired about any OEM pipes they were going to scrap. Ended up with a nice brand new set of slip ons. Cost was $10 donation to the pizza fund.

Now, I need to find someone who can put them on the trike and get them aligned correctly so they are centered coming out of the mouse holes on the hannigan rear end.

pipes end view.jpgHD pipes.jpg

I have learned that in spite of even having OWNED a 2013 Road Glide, I don't know everything about their mufflers. There were a few years that you want to avoid because they had a catalytic convertor in the ride side muffler. They later stopped doing that and now put it in the pipe before the mufflers. I thought that was all that you had to watch for. I have now learned though that not all the touring mufflers from Harley are the same. I had bought and installed a pair on the '99 and to be honest, they looked good but were only a tiny bit louder than the stock RSV mufflers. I'm not even sure that they were louder at all. My 2013 Road Glide was not loud either. Even after I removed the catalytic convertor from the header pipe they were not at all loud. When I bought the '05 Midnight, the seller told me on the phone that it had Harley mufflers on it. That was fine with me because I knew they would not be obnoxious. When I went to get the bike I was shocked at how loud it was. I looked inside the rear of the mufflers and saw that they had no full block off type baffles like my previous ones had. They were baffled but you could see all the way through them. I think he told me that they came off a newer Street Glide. He had three sets of Harley mufflers there on his shelf. We looked at them and all three sets were baffled differently.

I never could understand why some folks here reported that the Harley mufflers were loud and others claimed that they were at the most just slightly louder than stock RSV mufflers. I now understand the differing reports. It does depend on which mufflers you get.

The current ones on my '05 sound good but just a little louder than what I prefer. I'll get tired of them soon enough and have a pair of RSTD mufflers with the tips ready to go on it.

I received a free set from a 2010 Road Glide. The right side had the converter. I found a guy selling just the left side on eBay for $25 so I have two left mufflers. They have some baffling but not much. From what I found out was the Harley has very little exhaust routed to the left muffler hence the converter only in the right. Never had a Harley so I can't confirm. They are louder than factory but not as loud as the Baron 4-2-4's I used to have

I wish my Nasty Boys would fit on my trike...if so, no doubt that is what I would put on.

I need to find someone who can do some fabrication to make these fit. They are tapered ends so if I want the longer end on top, I will need to modify the bracket on the trike so the muffler hangs down.

if and when I ever get my Nasty Boys back from the dealer, I am going to see if I can make them fit.

Won't do anything until returning from the Ontario gathering.