IGNORED

canned fuel

Not seeing what bike you are talking about I am assuming you are talking a carbed, non catalytic Venture or the equivilent here Holly? If thats so, I say no problemo,, have done it myself more than once.. Not a bad idea to use it conservatively and only put the amount in that you think will get you to a gas station to top it off though.. The reason I say that is I always figured that adding oil in the fuel replaces fuel molecules and then when air/fuel mix happens it will probably come out a little lean - enough so that you wont want to run long distance without fattening the jetting up if you were gonna run a lot of premix but I have had to run a gallon or two for medicinal purposes (what you are referring to as an emergency) with no ill effect.. Had a buddy accidently add diesel fuel - that you dont ant to do!!

By the way,,, back in my MXing days I got hooked on the sweet smell of Klotz bean oil in my 2 stroke race bikes (wowzy that was a long time ago - wonder if Klotz is still in existence).. Later I was known to add a little Klotz into my Harleys and other 4 strokes just for the smell of it... I used to love pulling into a Harley rallys and watch the noses whiffing the air :big-grin-emoticon:

Most, if not all, of the two stroke oils are low carbon - low ash these days so you should have no concern with carbon build up but if we are talking an efi/cat scoot here then I still wouldnt do it - no idea how friendly the two stroke mix would be on a converter or how the efi system would read the mix - might screw something up..

Thats my :2cents:,, know lets see what the guru's come up with :hihi:

Guest Jamsie

30 odd years ago we ran out of fuel coming back from a race meeting . we took fuel from the outfit wich was 20:1 castrol R and used that .

a little blue smoke is all you will see as long as you dont have a cat which would clog up