IGNORED

Lost 3 speakers. 2007 RSV. Both front and right side rear

So my front speakers started cutting out. Last ride the stopped working completely. When I got home realized I only had 1 speaker in the back. Not sure when that one stopped working. Any ideas where to start looking?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hi, I would split the fairing, look for all the large connectors bundled around the tape deck. Take them apart one at a time, spray contact cleaner in both ends, a small dab of dielectric grease and put them back together making sure they are tight. Think there are 4 or 5 connectors you need to do this to. Takes about an hour total and a good chance it fixes your problem.

Craig

Jester, not sure if you solved your problem yet (hope so), but if you are still having problems after completing what Craig suggested (above) here is something else that may be a cause.

I don't know if you have a back rest or not. If you do, look behind the steel bracket of the back rest and see if the wire harness is being pinched that runs between the front of the REAR fender and the steel bracket of your backrest. On my 05 Venture, when I laid back on the backrest, it pinched the wire harness. I wedged a piece rubber between the steel bracket and the front part of the rear fender. Never had another problem with the wires after that. The piece of rubber I used was cut from an old piece of tire casing laying on the side of the road.

So I checked the connections under the fairing and everything looked good. I pulled the wires off the speakers and tested them nothing on the meter. Not sure if I had it set correctly.I ran wires from the stereo in the garage to the speaker on the bike nothing. SO I am assuming that both the front speakers blew. The magnets don't appear to be cracked that I can see, but I got no sound. I even ran the wires back to the speaker in the wall, worked fine. SO I guess I need some new speakers.