IGNORED

Another year, another bike

JohnT

I put more miles on my VR than any other bike I have owned. But last year I found a deal I could not turn down. My new ride

GEDV0007 (4)small.jpg

And my new riding instructor.

GEDV0020 (2)small.jpg

The Voyager is a 2003 and I bought it with just a little over 8,000 miles on it. Not as fast, or as comfortable as the VR. Nor does it corner as well. But all in all a fine bike with few miles.

The riding instructor is Katy, my first and only grand baby. (so far)

WOW ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW - JUST GORGEOUS JOHN - CONGRATS TO YOU MY FRIEND!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_congrats-vi6886:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644

And WOW ZZZZZZZ WOW WOW WOW on that pretty Kawasaki Voyager too brother!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!:ice_congrats-vi6886:thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

Fact of the matter is, Tip and I have spent a fair amount of time on those Voyagers (bought/restored and resold a number of them) and found them to be AWESOME bikes! Really smooth, have an adjustable counter shaft gear set em that you can adjust to get the "whine" out if needed, very good performance, excellent seat height for shorter inseams and AWESOME fuel economy!! We would probably be riding one today if it weren't for the fact that they just didnt fit me well - to scrunched up (nothing seems to fit my long legs like those old MK1 Ventures :confused24:) but THAT is the only reason!! I even tried extending the pegs down (some fab work involved) on one and found out I had lost to much ground clearance BUT - I liked the bike so much that I gave it a good try!! They are amazing scoots with ALL the potential of many many miles of fun!!!

Want a real quick pointer that may save you a ton of grief? One of the Voyagers I had came to me from a neighbor who had discovered a major don't do with his. He went to pull it into a trailer and found out the hard way that the bolt that holds the oil filter canister in place is the lowest part of the bike. He went to pull it into a trailer and snagged the bolt on the trailer floor - this broke the internal mounting bracket for the oil pump between the tranny and the forward gear set and, instantly, the canister with the broken internal mounting bracket came out from under the bike with all the oil - WHAT A MESS!!

Of course the shops wanted a fortune to repair it.. I ended up with it, went thru it and was delighted to find that Kawi still had all the parts for it:guitarist 2: Just keep this in mind when your out having a blast with your riding instructor and I got a hunch the two of you will have many many trouble free, wonderful miles together on that beauty!! :thumbsup:

Lets see how much of this I can remember without reading back.

Bbob, I was talking to my old friend Stan an hour ago. Told him he had to come to WNY rally with me this summer. He just happens to be the very happy owner of my old VR. At this point I am off the road for the most part and will have weekends free.

Puc, good to hear from you old son. And as always, with good thoughts and pearls of wisdom. There is a shortage of clearance on this ride. But you are right. It is smooth as butter, runs like a sewing machine. Corners pretty well, but lacks VR ground clearance. My buddy and I did a 40 MPH git and skit and the VR SPANKED the Voyager. However, 50 MPG is nice. I do miss the roomy feeling of the very large VR.

cec, all she does is laugh (OK, most of the time) and such a character! And yeah, I do kind of like her. Sometimes she looks at me and cries. Already a good judge of character. I suppose that I should wait till her 3rd or 4th birthday to get her something with internal combustion,,,,,

Lets see how much of this I can remember without reading back.

Bbob, I was talking to my old friend Stan an hour ago. Told him he had to come to WNY rally with me this summer. He just happens to be the very happy owner of my old VR. At this point I am off the road for the most part and will have weekends free.

Puc, good to hear from you old son. And as always, with good thoughts and pearls of wisdom. There is a shortage of clearance on this ride. But you are right. It is smooth as butter, runs like a sewing machine. Corners pretty well, but lacks VR ground clearance. My buddy and I did a 40 MPH git and skit and the VR SPANKED the Voyager. However, 50 MPG is nice. I do miss the roomy feeling of the very large VR.

cec, all she does is laugh (OK, most of the time) and such a character! And yeah, I do kind of like her. Sometimes she looks at me and cries. Already a good judge of character. I suppose that I should wait till her 3rd or 4th birthday to get her something with internal combustion,,,,,

50 mpg? After repairing the case damage, pulling the carbs (talk about a job) and going thru them, syncing her out and some new plugs - Tip and I took this one out for a test ride (couple days of chasing the wind).. Riding back roads (non-ickspressway stuff), probably averaging 60 mph but riding 2 up the whole time we averaged 62 MPG - I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!! About the same MPG as our 250cc Honda Helix gets!!

Got yakking with the guy I got it from and says "oh yea,, I NEVER got below 50 mpg with it" - UNREAL!!

You got a DANDY scoot there brother!! Better get that little one to give it a name so it feels like part of the family ("goo goo" would make an AWESOME bike name) :thumbsup::thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

ti3 (147).JPG

ti3 (146).JPG

ti3 (144).JPG