IGNORED

Removing the passenger seat.

I am sure I am missing something. I can't see how to disconnect the passenger seat from an 06 Venture. It also has a drivers backrest connected to it. I believe it is factory. It is bolted through the fender, but as I loosen it the seat does not seem to. So before I take apart more than I need to... I feel silly asking, but I just can't see it for some reason.

I also looked around to see if this was specifically posted. I know I am going to feel silly on this one.

I appreciate a heads up.

Edited by Bones

OK...the factory seats are two piece so I assume that is what you have. There was no factory backrest at all so it is aftermarket. To remove the passenger seat, you have to first remove the drivers seat. After you remove the drivers seat, you will see two bolts on the front edge of the passenger seat. Remove them, lift and slide forward.

OK The 2 bolts I see look like they are holding the bracket for the back rest to the seat must be what you mean. The third bolt holds the bracket to the fender. I do believe that this answers the question. I need to remove all 3. I wasn't sure if there was a factory option for a driver backrest with the midnight.

Thank you for the help and I do feel silly.

Oh and I guess I did think a few things were a given and shouldn't. Drivers seat was off and it was a factory 2 piece for the midnight. Had just never needed to remove the pillion before... nor been stumped by one either.

OK The 2 bolts I see look like they are holding the bracket for the back rest to the seat must be what you mean. The third bolt holds the bracket to the fender. I do believe that this answers the question. I need to remove all 3. I wasn't sure if there was a factory option for a driver backrest with the midnight.

Thank you for the help and I do feel silly.

Oh and I guess I did think a few things were a given and shouldn't. Drivers seat was off and it was a factory 2 piece for the midnight. Had just never needed to remove the pillion before... nor been stumped by one either.

Never feel silly for asking question on this site....god knows I had a few of those myself and always got good help here:clap2: