IGNORED

1930 Excelsior Resto Celebration

Venture n Dixie

INDEED,, NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT:178::178::178::178::178::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2:!!!!! WAYYYYYYYY COOL!!:checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::checkeredflag::cool10::cool10:

:lightbulb: There is museum I bumped into while riding out east a number of years ago... It was all about Glen Curtis - the airplane guy.. Anyway,,, that place was AWESOME!! I was with my brother and a couple other drifters at the time,,, we passed the joint at about 9 a.m. on our way across to Lake Placid.. I turned around and went back and they followed.. Went inside and :scared::scared::scared:,,, come to find ol Glen O' was not just into creating the Air Plane (was :stickpoke::stickpoke: with the Wright brothers) but was also into BIKES!! Those guys couldnt DRAG me out of that place - we ended up being the last ones to leave that night:rotfl:

If ANY of you guys REALLY liked what Dix has posted here (AND I GO CRAZY OVER THIS STUFF DIX - THANK YOU!!) and you are EVER in New York somewhere up near the Finger Lakes, you REALLY must stop at that museum - IT IS HANDS ON OLD BIKES AND OLD AIRPLANES!! A lot like the Museum of Science and Industry is only this is ALL about us gearheads - YOU WILL BE SHOCKED!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry to :hijacked: this awesome thread Dix,,, you done did just get me allllll fired up!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Actually Puc I only posted it to get a rise out of you. They bought it at a Vegas auction 10 years ago. It was presented as a 1928 model. When they got into it they realized it was a salvage bike 1930. Model with frame damage 28 front end, cracked case.Lot of incorrect parts wrong wheels. It is a work of art. Notice the Schwinn logo on the head stock? They were #3 behind Harley and Indian when Mr. Schwinn decided to concentrate on bicycles at the start of the Depression. 3 year restoration. 700 hours. I'm assuming that includes research travel and labor. Will try to master a few more pics tomorrow.