IGNORED

MP4 convert to MP3?

Guest DREBBIN

Guest DREBBIN

Ok - I warned ya'll I was technically handicapped -- my iTunes file says all the songs are MP4 -- the Zumo will not play MP4 but will play MP3 - is there a way to convert 4 to 3? Thnx in advance, DREBBIN

There are converters out there. I think Winamp pro does it. It will give you the option so select mp3 at 128kb bit rate. 128kb bit rate is CD quality. going higher just uses up storage. I put 500 songs on a 2gb xd card. Gotta have more cards for the other 13000 songs I got.

Smart Audio Converter and Smart CD Ripper

small programs easy to use clean interface, no cost

Can't send them via PM's, have to email and no viruses or spyware clean ,clean, clean

:thumbsup2:

Smart Audio Converter and Smart CD Ripper

small programs easy to use clean interface, no cost

Can't send them via PM's, have to email and no viruses or spyware clean ,clean, clean

:thumbsup2:

Audio converter is approximately 5 meg and CD Ripper is 900 Kbs may have to send them separately depending on your email provider or can send it to you via MSN Messenger

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to check that. i had heard that MP4 was a new video format.

I know that the old Dish network boxes used MP2 formats. I think the new boxes use MP4.

• Audio-only MP4 files generally have a .m4a extension.

[*]MP4 files with audio and video generally use the .mp4 and .m4v extensions, occasionally .mp4v.

[*]3G mobile phones use 3GP, a simplified version of MPEG-4 Part 12 (a.k.a MPEG-4/JPEG2000 ISO Base Media file format, MPEG-4 Part 14 is a derivated standard from ISO Base file format too), with the .3gp and .3g2 extensions. These files also store non-MPEG-4 data (H.263, AMR, TX3G).

The common, but non-standard use of the extensions .m4a and .m4v is due to the popularity of Apple Computer's iPod and the iTunes Store

referenced from Wikipedia.

Guest DREBBIN

THNX !!! Good info

You might want to check that. i had heard that MP4 was a new video format.

I know that the old Dish network boxes used MP2 formats. I think the new boxes use MP4.

• Audio-only MP4 files generally have a .m4a extension.

[*]MP4 files with audio and video generally use the .mp4 and .m4v extensions, occasionally .mp4v.

[*]3G mobile phones use 3GP, a simplified version of MPEG-4 Part 12 (a.k.a MPEG-4/JPEG2000 ISO Base Media file format, MPEG-4 Part 14 is a derivated standard from ISO Base file format too), with the .3gp and .3g2 extensions. These files also store non-MPEG-4 data (H.263, AMR, TX3G).

The common, but non-standard use of the extensions .m4a and .m4v is due to the popularity of Apple Computer's iPod and the iTunes Store

referenced from Wikipedia.