IGNORED

Got a VR friend/family member looking for an old Harley, lets talk bikes!!!

cowpuc

Got a P.M. from one of our great family member's here who is trying to help his brother locate an old Harley to play with, doesnt have to be a runner but a complete bike would be preferred. I suggested I post this in the Watering Hole to :witch_brew: a little while talking :bikersmilie::7_2_102[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_6_2[1]::7_6_3[1]::900[1]: 's - something most of us seem to enjoy yakking about:big-grin-emoticon:..

His inquiry concerned Pan's, Knucks and Flathead's.. Didn't get to the point of asking him if a Pan/Shovel would also suit his brothers needs,, maybe he will chime in and answer that for us.. He wondered about pricing,, I am thinking 8 to 12 for a non running complete original flat head, pan and 12 to 18 for the same in a knuck. Add 5 to 7k for a runner..

I also suggested to keep a close eye on case numbers and frame conditions on the old scoot. Keeping in mind that, to the best of my knowledge, Harley didnt start using frame numbers for VIN stamps until about the time Cone Shovels came out so anything his brother is gonna be looking at should be VIN stamped to match title to the motor numbers.. He mentioned the FL's so no Chops..

Maybe some nationwide searches at Adhuntr.com (any of you varmints know of other country wide search engines?) would produce something..

Any and all of your :Im not listening to is welcome and appreciated!! :big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Thanks in advance

Puc

Ok it is my brother that is looking for a new project, all of what our esteemed member from Michigan said is bang on and thank you again for your help with this Mr Puc......to tighten the parameters of the search a bit, my brother is looking for a HD from the 40's to 60's, his preference is an FL style. If anyone has any ideas or knows of a bike looking for a new home, the info would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Your welcome Sticky, ANYTIME!! Just stuck a couple of them that popped up on Adhuntr in the "Craigs" section Mike.. Here is a pic of my favorite and ,by the sounds of things, probably about what your brother is looking for... Man I LOVE looking at and playing with old Harley's - your brother has GREAT taste!! Lets see if these pics work..

http://images.craigslist.org/00202_ecGb401zYDc_600x450.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/00J0J_gRoyxbTWn9q_600x450.jpg

Priced fairly reasonable from what I can see...

Hey Sticky,, remember me mentioning about watching out for pieced together scoots? Here is what I was referring to, the pic below is of a 65 Pan motor with matching numbers stuffed into an 83 Shovel frame and titled as an 83.. Technically, this bike should come with 2 titles.. Not a bad looking beginning if your brother was not to concerned with future value BUT - he needs to be really careful if he goes with something like this and check all numbers if it doesnt come with paperwork for both frame and engine so he doesnt end up putting a bunch of cash into it and then having to give it back to it's "rightful" owner... Make sense?

http://images.craigslist.org/00404_cUC2I3yiNLE_600x450.jpg