IGNORED

Strange logic

Guest Jamsie

While pricing the cost of the ferry from uk to Isle OF Man, motorbike and 2 passengers £366,

Car and 2 passengers £300,

motorhome and 2 passengers £ 256,

Logic says the bike takes up less space and therefore should be cheepest option,

methinks the ferry company is ripping off motorcyclists. fortunately i was given the number to ring an agency and got the ferry booking for £199

WOW ZZZZ WOW WOW WOW,, HUGE savings for a quick phone call Jamsie = MY KIND OF :stickpoke:.. :thumbsup:

I would LOVE to hear the stories and see the :photographing:'s of this trip should it all work out!! The "Isle Of Man" has a huge history in bike racing, just seeing pictures of someone touring it would be AWESOME!!

Whether you make it or not, I like the way you think brother!! Definitely our kind of people!! :thumbsup:

Also, :welcome1: to VR and :group cheers: on your 5th post = its a good one!!:group cheers:

Jamsie, thought I would take liberty and move your introduction from the Newbie Welcome thread over here (hoping it will get more exposure) - hope it was ok with you!! You wrote:

""""I recently bought a Royal Star Venture with a little under 15k miles on the clock with 7 former keepers, ( did they ride it or polish it ).

The idea was to fit a sidecar for my wife who had a stroke and can no longer get on the pillion of my other bike ( VFR 800 VTEC ).

it turns out that getting on the RSV is so much easier for her , so will will try a ride solo when the weather gets better in the spring .""""

and I wanted to congratulate you and your precious wife on finding a scoot that she may very well be able to ride on without the need of a side car - THAT would be AWESOME! Thoughts and prayers that the Venture does meet that need and that you two are able to get out and enjoy some biking freedom together!! Nothing like sharing it with your best friend is there?

I commend you for not just giving up but for finding a way to do just that - THAT is what its all about my friend! I also highly commend your wife for willingness to try - please tell her my wife (Tippy) and I both look forward to giving her a big hug and that both of us look forward to meeting the two of you in real life - perhaps at a VR outing in the future!!

Keep the faith!

Puc