IGNORED

Ok Puc, as promised. Pics, Christmas Blessings of Alabama Toy Run 2015

YamahaLarry

BTW, we will do this again next year. Was lots of fun leading this great ride as Santa. Huge success. I think last count was 89 bikes, plus 4 Jefferson County Sheriff Bike Division bikes and 1 patrol car.

My bike ready for the ride. Olaf says GO.

12376478_10208626144119853_3039431601713169472_n.jpg

Santa busted by a deputy. So sad!

12316081_10206851216911957_6251556037371906_n.jpg

Motorcycle division deputies with Santa and the ladies of Christmas Blessings of Alabama.

12346517_10206851217751978_6527624237294881053_n.jpg

A few of the bikes in the staging area before the ride.

12341246_10208626150560014_1816941847567214738_n.jpg

Santa giving pre-ride thanks and safety instructions.

12370983_10207107192432547_4402449540170098197_o.jpg

An absolutely gorgeous 75 degree December day in Alabama.

12373248_10206851221272066_5150786668133976229_n.jpg

Don't know if there is ever a more beautiful site than this.

12341519_10206851221432070_1182979637743355375_n.jpg

Santa (me) finally made it safely to our destination to deliver well over 100 toys for local area needy children.

12321157_10206851223832130_2770098125106249107_n.jpg

Nice pics, but I have a question, when did the Venture come out in purple?

Nice looking bike

And nice looking Santa

Yea,, that is a really good question Larry!! I too REALLY like that color too - GORGEOUS scoot YamaLar!:thumbsup:

Not to hi-jack another thread (bad habit) but back in 2000 I picked up a brand new left over HD Wideglide that a dealer down in Indiana just could not sell - it was "Concord Purple" with gold inlayed "Harley" emblems = GORGEOUS color (IMHO). Resold in less than a week to a guy in Jersey who said THAT was the EXACT color he was looking for and HD wanted him to wait over a year to get one:thumbdown: Bottom line, it seemed like "purple" was not a color for everyone but those who like it, REALLY like it = I am one who REALLY likes it:thumbsup:

PURDY BIKE YamLar!!:thumbsup:

Somewhere I seen a color chart for bikes and the years colors where offered. But I didn't remember seeing purple. I ran across a guy in town with a orange and white bike, it was nice too.

I like my dark blue and black, but I would like to have a color that popped more.

Nice pics, but I have a question, when did the Venture come out in purple?

Nice looking bike

And nice looking Santa

The Venture was released in "HOK Voodoo Violet Candy" in August of this year. :301: Actually, it is my custom paint job in memory of one of the children that I have helped support over the past few years. Her name was Princess Emma Grace Mitchell. and passed away last year at 6 years old from childhood cancer. My wife and I got very close to her and her family. So close that I was 1 of 4 pall bearers. One of the greatest honors of my life. I spent many hours with her at the hospital and making trips to her home over the 20 months or so that I knew her, and we always carried her toys and her favorite foods and sweets. She was a dear princess that owned a huge portion of my heart, and still does.

She and I would fuss about favorite colors a lot. Hers was pink and purple and mine are orange and blue. I was considering painting my bike orange. When we lost Emma, I decided to dedicate my bike to her (I put on a half dozen or so bike rides a year for childhood cancer and it's patients/families).

This year, for the 2nd Annual Princess Emma Ride, I had just finished my bike and unveiled it to her family. Another special moment in my life. The bike has base coats of HOK Silver and HOK Pavo Purple (two toned) and 4 coats of HOK Voodoo Violet Kandy with 4 coats of clear. There is a tribute in gold (painted, not decal) to Emma on the trunk lid. Also, in the hood I have the Justice League ever so slightly ghosted into the paint job, and only visible in sunlight. This represents my super heroes, the many children that are battling, and have battled childhood cancer. The paint job is a total of 11 coats of paint on 60% of the bike, and 10 coats on the remainder. If I were to have had to pay for this, it is roughly a $4,000 paint job. But I did most of the prep work myself, including disassemble an reassemble, sanding, etc. The labor for painting was donated by someone who has a compassion similar to mine.

I could go on and on about some special details included in my bike, but it is all about a very special princess we all called Princess Emma, and a very special little boy we called Superman Thomas J, both of whom where dear to me and are now rejoicing with heavenly bodies. The pinstriping is for Thomas. Superman colors (painted not decals) with gold replacing the yellow. Gold is the color for childhood cancer ribbon.

10410248_10204501593048990_5534815952457567763_n.jpg11896033_10204501593208994_7408627733615820851_n.jpg20150823_105955.jpg20150823_105934.jpg

Somewhere I seen a color chart for bikes and the years colors where offered. But I didn't remember seeing purple. I ran across a guy in town with a orange and white bike, it was nice too.

I like my dark blue and black, but I would like to have a color that popped more.

Straight up honest, I would rather repaint a car that a Venture motorcycle. Many hours go into the prep work to do it right. There is nothing flat. Every tiny little crevice has to be sanded. And the assembly, being extra careful to avoid scratches is a very slow and tedious process. If I had it to do again, no way I would choose candy. It just compounds the labor. But, it is sharp, especially where there is a silver base coat. It changes colors based on the amount of light that hits it.

Oh yea,, I remember reading about it all a while back YamLar, WHAT AN AMAZING STORY:clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

It seems like back then though that the bike was not quite finished yet. The cause for which you did all that is absolutely precious and that bike of yours came out BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE how it screams it story when the sun hits it Larry - JUST GORGEOUS!!:thumbsup: A scoot with memories to be treasured for many years to come THAT is for sure!!

Amazing work and a job well done YamahaLarry!

Oh yea,, I remember reading about it all a while back YamLar, WHAT AN AMAZING STORY:clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

It seems like back then though that the bike was not quite finished yet. The cause for which you did all that is absolutely precious and that bike of yours came out BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE how it screams it story when the sun hits it Larry - JUST GORGEOUS!!:thumbsup: A scoot with memories to be treasured for many years to come THAT is for sure!!

Amazing work and a job well done YamahaLarry!

What I love about my bike Puc, is every ride that I do, there will be some people examining the paint job and the color. Then, I get the opportunity to explain the "why", and tell them of Thomas and Emma. And if the sun is out, I get to show them the super heroes, and explain the purpose of why I have those ghosted into the hood of my bike. And most every time, the story is told with tears.

A picture of me and my princess, the day of the first Princes Emma Ride. As we pulled into the church, I stopped and she sat in my lap, long enough for me to get a special princess hug and a kiss. This was taken the month before Emma passed away.

10433216_10202156177655071_4117307296167366239_n.jpg

What I love about my bike Puc, is every ride that I do, there will be some people examining the paint job and the color. Then, I get the opportunity to explain the "why", and tell them of Thomas and Emma. And if the sun is out, I get to show them the super heroes, and explain the purpose of why I have those ghosted into the hood of my bike. And most every time, the story is told with tears.

A picture of me and my princess, the day of the first Princes Emma Ride. As we pulled into the church, I stopped and she sat in my lap, long enough for me to get a special princess hug and a kiss. This was taken the month before Emma passed away.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]102730[/ATTACH]

I can somewhat relate to your situation with the bike Larry, similar in a small way to the reaction you get from folks is the steamer trunk named Tweeks we ride. Her stickers tend to draw onlookers in and, as a result, we get to hear many travel stories from people of all walks. Unlike your story though, ours started with looking for a way to keep our ride memories fresh in our minds, similar to your wonderful way of keeping the memory of Emma and Thomas fresh and honored! I gotta say my friend, I honestly look at what you have done as being on a completely different and higher plateau than the one we have discovered - I COMMEND you on what you have done Larry - THAT is BEAUTIFUL and I am honored to read the story and get to see the pics!! YOU are a prime example of the type of person that makes VR such a great place to part of, Prayers Up and Blessings Down as you and your bike continue refreshing the thoughts, concerns and memories of those Super Hero's alive!

Probably sounds like a weakness of sorts but that picture of little Emma climbing aboard your bike with you made me cry - good for the soul though:happy34:

What an amazing read - THANK YOU for sharing!

Puc

Great story. I YamLar I can tell you are a good person just by your name, Larry, I have never met a bad or ugly Larry LOL

Not at our church but one in the community we got a young lady (just turned 16) diagnosed with overran cancer. One of my greatest fears as a parent is to loose one of my children. My heart aches for the parents for Emma.

Being a pastor of a church for a while we have come across this before, and those parents with strong faith seem to get through it better, I do not think anyone ever gets totally through it.

I do like the color, I would have to admit painting a Venture would be tough work. I love my color but would rather have something with a bit more style.

Larry

Great story. I YamLar I can tell you are a good person just by your name, Larry, I have never met a bad or ugly Larry LOL

Not at our church but one in the community we got a young lady (just turned 16) diagnosed with overran cancer. One of my greatest fears as a parent is to loose one of my children. My heart aches for the parents for Emma.

Being a pastor of a church for a while we have come across this before, and those parents with strong faith seem to get through it better, I do not think anyone ever gets totally through it.

I do like the color, I would have to admit painting a Venture would be tough work. I love my color but would rather have something with a bit more style.

Larry

Most of the families that I deal with in the ugly world of childhood cancer have a strong faith, if not in the beginning, they always seem to end up that way. It is a very trying journey for families, especially the moms.