IGNORED

Very interesting.......

Bartley

Have any of you heard of, or have tried this oil filter? I couldn't find an application chart, but I'm sure they have the spin-on one for the RSV, as it's very common to Japanese motorcycles.

www.motorcycle.com/products/kp-engineerings-reusable-oil-filter-71983.html

I you use the link in the review, you can get to teh manufacturers site which has an application chart. The model for a 2nd gen starts at $149. A little steep, but depending on what filter you usually use and how long you keep the bike you can make your money back.

I gotta admit they do look cool, but I'm wondering if it's worth the PITA to clean one every time I change the oil. Me thinks I'll stick with what I have now and just pitch 'm when changing the oil..... Besides I can buy a ton of paper filters for $149 bucks....

Where I work we have used similar filters in the hydraulic systems of our steam turbines for years, and the filters last almost forever if properly cleaned but they are messy to clean and hydraulic fluid is not nearly as messy as used motor oil. I also would rather throw the mess away and replace it with a new cheap clean filter.