IGNORED

Trike time, picked up a GW GL1800 w/Champion kit

Mike G in SC

So, here’s where we just went. See picture. 2008 GW 1800 GL w/Champion conversion.

But I jumped because I wanted a trike, getting time for that for both of us. I'm 65, semi-retired with plans for more travel.

Not because Yamaha has lost me by sitting on it's butt. But that helped push the button. So did finding a good deal, was going to wait till spring.

Will still keep my RSTD for my solo ride. Will sell my RSV later after I decide the trike is my right solution.

Now got a whole new breed to learn. Never rode a trike till this.

I would have preferred the independent suspension but the PO had it triked with straight axle.

2008 with 33K miles and a lot of extras.

I'm going to have the same Honda shop who triked it put on a fresh tire and go over the front bearings. Has some low speed shakes.

Has an Ultimate seat but wife and I still think the RSV has more comfort.

If you have similar ride, I'm open for advice and experience.

Thanks in advance, Mike G in SC

Gristrike3.JPG

Added thought: Some of that low speed shake may be due to the front tire being low air pressure and/or in need of replacement. Check the steering head and ensure it is properly snugged down. My low speed shake (only about 2-3mph to about 10mph) disappeared when I replaced the front tire. I can't be sure if it helped but at the same time I managed to tighten that nut on the triple tree.