IGNORED

Air 2 nitrogen

Acadieman

I now have Ride on Tire sealant in my Tires with air.My Question is what will happen if I take out the valve and replace the air with nitrogen ? Anything ? Will the sealant leak and make a mess ? Has anyone done this ?

Thanks in advance.:confused24:

Bucky Thompson

Whats with the nitrogen in tires I just heard of this being used in cars but not sure why when air is free

Nitrogen expands and contracts less due to heat so it is useful for racing applications.. It also has a slightly bigger molecule so theoretically it leaks out slower..

But I ask, if it leaks out slower, after a few times of having to put air in a tire, wouldn't be virtually all nitrogen anyway?

I've heard that running nitrogen in the tire keeps it running cooler and thereby prolongs the life of the tire. Although we would all love the to extend our tire life, running cooler is not what we want in our tires! When I'm laid over in a turn, I want my tires warm and sticky! That is why racers keep electric blankets on their tires between races. :confused24:

Air is 78 percent nitrogen. To properly install it you need to hook it up to the machine which actually draws the air out to a mild vaccum but not enough go break the bead and then reinflate with the nitrogen. Then you do it again as you will never get all the O2 out in the first step. Problem with this is it may draw the sealer up too into the machine. Now you could just let the air out and install the nitrogen but you will only get about 94 percent and will still defeat the purpose of doing it. They recommend a 99 percent ratio.

How do I know this? I have this set up at my tire business.

Hope I helped.