IGNORED

and the race is on!! Cruds first victory!!

cowpuc

an ASPIRIN:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Truthfully,, I would LOVE to fly with ANY of you pranksters,, yes GW,, even with Tooch in an aspirin :guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::guitarist 2::happy65::happy65::banana::banana: or you in a school bus... :thumbsup:

an aspirin :crackup:,, where do find these varmints @Freebird,,, you must advertise in the funny papers instead of the classifieds or something:crackup:

Rotor guys all usually have a good sense of humor. We have fun picking at each other.

Just part of the jobs description.....:)

I face the TSA in these here Estados Unidos almost daily. My tax dollars at work, now THAT'S an adventure!!

You have my sympathies:

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/17454500/3/stock-photo-17454500-blue-medical-glove-on-hand-index-finger-pointing-upward-left.jpg

:rotf:

:amen: :sign yeah that:

I gotta good friend named Flied Lice ( @flyday58 ) who lives in New Mexico now.. Flied Lice has a little experience with landing the big ones, full blown airliners as it were. Was actually thinking of hitting him up for some landing lessons from him:big-grin-emoticon:

Just figuring out exact timing for chopping the thrusters on Crud is no small undertaking:big-grin-emoticon:

Did Crud hold a pretty true line at 132, or did ya get any wobble?

Does Crud have the aftermarket fork brace?

I've had my '98 since December of '99. I've had it to 135. Stable up to 110, but after that the dang thing wobbled so badly (common on these bikes with stock suspension) it would nearly buck me off.

And be careful getting off the gas at those speeds. It can get wild on ya.

Earlier this year I added the aftermarket fork brace and lowered the front an inch with the Progressive spring lowering kit. Hadn't had the opportunity to run it up past about 110 yet. Feels more stable so far. Hope it doesn't wobble above that now.

Yeah, that V-Boost oughta be called V-GRIN!

Here's bugs in yer teeth to ya.

Have fun.

P.S. If you're gonna race and want to leave the line hard, I'd leave the line in second gear. You got plenty of muscle under ya for that. Won't smoke the tire so bad and keeps the front planted fairly well. Plus you can stretch it out a bit before shifting. Try it. You'll like it.

Or, you can do like I did and install a Venture diff. Better controlled launches, and better highway mileage too. But I moved to the mountains and don't do much highway anymore, so I've since re-installed the stock diff.

With new daily service between Winnipeg and Cedar Point!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101870[/ATTACH]

Dear Flied Lice, PLEASE drop an order of:

2 Elephant Ears, 4 Cheese Burgers, 4 Conie Dogs and a Pronto Pup from Cedar Point the next time you fly over in that puppy will ya!! Oh,, and Tippy wants to know if you can pull a little pitch out of your props and close the exhausts a little as you scared the neighbors chickens last time you delivered..

THANK YOU

Half Tube n family

Did Crud hold a pretty true line at 132, or did ya get any wobble?

Does Crud have the aftermarket fork brace?

I've had my '98 since December of '99. I've had it to 135. Stable up to 110, but after that the dang thing wobbled so badly (common on these bikes with stock suspension) it would nearly buck me off.

And be careful getting off the gas at those speeds. It can get wild on ya.

Earlier this year I added the aftermarket fork brace and lowered the front an inch with the Progressive spring lowering kit. Hadn't had the opportunity to run it up past about 110 yet. Feels more stable so far. Hope it doesn't wobble above that now.

Yeah, that V-Boost oughta be called V-GRIN!

Here's bugs in yer teeth to ya.

Have fun.

P.S. If you're gonna race and want to leave the line hard, I'd leave the line in second gear. You got plenty of muscle under ya for that. Won't smoke the tire so bad and keeps the front planted fairly well. Plus you can stretch it out a bit before shifting. Try it. You'll like it.

Or, you can do like I did and install a Venture diff. Better controlled launches, and better highway mileage too. But I moved to the mountains and don't do much highway anymore, so I've since re-installed the stock diff.

Rock solid to 135 Beau.. It does have brand new tires on it,, no idea about the fork brace - how about I take a picture of the area and you can tell me? Also sports a small windshield WHICH kinda concerned me over the same manner.. Was surprised at how well solid it feels at high speeds with the shield on it.. I checked and tightened my steering bearings a little right away.. They may be just a little tiny bit tight but,, the way I figured it,, no stabilzer = a little snug on the bearings to make up for it (old trick I learned with my KX500 while running it at 90 plus on the powerlines up here in Michigan).. No idea if it actually helps, thought I would apply my old school techniques and see if I could avoid experiencing exactly what you are talking about..

Speaking of dirtbiking,, you ever thought about tossing a knobby on yours and taking it two tracking? I been fooling around in the ditches on mine already - something I REALLY like about ol Crud is his mid placement pegs (same thing on our 1st Gen Ventures).. Up on the pegs,, thing is AWESOME in the dirt!! Just needs to hook up a little..

Will try a second gear hole shot for kicks and let ya know..

What kind of air pressures you running in your rear tire to hook up? Right now gotta a brand new Dunlop 150 on Cruds backside, gotta be really really careful in the corners not to wick on him to hard cause that hard rubber will lite up right now.. Was thinking more control (traction) out of dropping down to 30 pounds?

Got plenty of Venture Diff's laying around.. Any idea what they did to 1/4 mile times?

I honestly like the way Crud pulls right now and would wonder about the added stress of higher torque on the drive system (clutch/forward gear/rear end) of higher gearing.. Ever hear of doing so creating problems?

Right back at cha on the bugs in your teeth Beau!! May not look the nicest but hey,,, by the time they hit at those speeds they are roasted to crackly crunch and dont taste that bad:big-grin-emoticon:

Rock solid to 135 Beau.. It does have brand new tires on it,, no idea about the fork brace - how about I take a picture of the area and you can tell me? Also sports a small windshield WHICH kinda concerned me over the same manner.. Was surprised at how well solid it feels at high speeds with the shield on it.. I checked and tightened my steering bearings a little right away.. They may be just a little tiny bit tight but,, the way I figured it,, no stabilzer = a little snug on the bearings to make up for it (old trick I learned with my KX500 while running it at 90 plus on the powerlines up here in Michigan).. No idea if it actually helps, thought I would apply my old school techniques and see if I could avoid experiencing exactly what you are talking about..

Speaking of dirtbiking,, you ever thought about tossing a knobby on yours and taking it two tracking? I been fooling around in the ditches on mine already - something I REALLY like about ol Crud is his mid placement pegs (same thing on our 1st Gen Ventures).. Up on the pegs,, thing is AWESOME in the dirt!! Just needs to hook up a little..

Will try a second gear hole shot for kicks and let ya know..

What kind of air pressures you running in your rear tire to hook up? Right now gotta a brand new Dunlop 150 on Cruds backside, gotta be really really careful in the corners not to wick on him to hard cause that hard rubber will lite up right now.. Was thinking more control (traction) out of dropping down to 30 pounds?

Got plenty of Venture Diff's laying around.. Any idea what they did to 1/4 mile times?

I honestly like the way Crud pulls right now and would wonder about the added stress of higher torque on the drive system (clutch/forward gear/rear end) of higher gearing.. Ever hear of doing so creating problems?

Right back at cha on the bugs in your teeth Beau!! May not look the nicest but hey,,, by the time they hit at those speeds they are roasted to crackly crunch and dont taste that bad:big-grin-emoticon:

Wow! Let me see if I can respond to some of your questions.

If it doesn't wobble, consider that a very good thing. Yup on your old school techniques. You and I musta been in the same class somewhere.

If it did wobble, there's this trick called the Furbur Fix where you remove the rubber washer under the steering head lock nut and replace it with a steel one. Just Google that to see what I'm talking about.

The aftermarket fork brace will be cut straight across the front and rear ends and will be thick and flat on top. The stock one looks flimsier and kinda rounded front and rear. Most aftermarket braces have some sort of logo on them. The stock has no logo.

I also prefer mid placement of the pegs on it and my '88 VR.

Dual sporting on a 600 pound Max?? You gotta be "tetched in the hade". Might be fun 'til it falls on ya.

I always replace my rear tire with another Bridgestone V rated like came on it. Probably are softer compound tires out there, but I like the mileage I get out of mine.

Never dropped the pressure a whole lot for hooking up. I don't want too much bite so that you stand it straight up off the line. Also don't want to downright smoke the tire on launch, but do want it to spin a little bit to still leave the line well while at least skipping the front tire along the pavement. By third gear, it will be planted well.

Never timed my bike in the quarter, just liked the way it launched either in second or with the Venture diff. Launching in first gear with the stock diff, you can get so busy hanging on and trying to keep the front end down that you'll be deep redlining before you can blink. Then miss second and you stand a good chance of screwing up your engine. Second gear or the Venture diff just make things more manageable. The bike's got a whole lotta OOOMPH! And I guarantee you, you won't miss any of the thrill!

Never heard of anyone damaging their bike with the Venture gear. Drops your rpms 500 at highway speeds. The engine seems a bit less busy for cruising then. And it's still a thriller.

Wow! Let me see if I can respond to some of your questions.

If it doesn't wobble, consider that a very good thing. Yup on your old school techniques. You and I musta been in the same class somewhere.

If it did wobble, there's this trick called the Furbur Fix where you remove the rubber washer under the steering head lock nut and replace it with a steel one. Just Google that to see what I'm talking about.

The aftermarket fork brace will be cut straight across the front and rear ends and will be thick and flat on top. The stock one looks flimsier and kinda rounded front and rear. Most aftermarket braces have some sort of logo on them. The stock has no logo.

I also prefer mid placement of the pegs on it and my '88 VR.

Dual sporting on a 600 pound Max?? You gotta be "tetched in the hade". Might be fun 'til it falls on ya.

I always replace my rear tire with another Bridgestone V rated like came on it. Probably are softer compound tires out there, but I like the mileage I get out of mine.

Never dropped the pressure a whole lot for hooking up. I don't want too much bite so that you stand it straight up off the line. Also don't want to downright smoke the tire on launch, but do want it to spin a little bit to still leave the line well while at least skipping the front tire along the pavement. By third gear, it will be planted well.

Never timed my bike in the quarter, just liked the way it launched either in second or with the Venture diff. Launching in first gear with the stock diff, you can get so busy hanging on and trying to keep the front end down that you'll be deep redlining before you can blink. Then miss second and you stand a good chance of screwing up your engine. Second gear or the Venture diff just make things more manageable. The bike's got a whole lotta OOOMPH! And I guarantee you, you won't miss any of the thrill!

Never heard of anyone damaging their bike with the Venture gear. Drops your rpms 500 at highway speeds. The engine seems a bit less busy for cruising then. And it's still a thriller.

That is hilarious that you mention skipping the front end above.. After we got ol Crud home and were discussing names - I told my wife I wanted to name him "Beach Ball" because he did exactly what you are talking about - thru second gear his front tire would bounce along the pavement like a beach ball being bouncing along the beach in the wind :big-grin-emoticon:

Cruds fork brace is stock by your definition Beau (THANKS FOR THE INFO BRO), got an after market one on one of my retired 83 Ventures out back (parts bike now) - wonder if they are the same bolt pattern?

Will definitely try the Furbur Fix if I notice any funny stuff going on,, you are right - must of been in the same class somewhere along the line!! Our shop classes were at the end of a long corridor, got booted for riding my 69 350 Motosport down the hallway and out the door after setting valve clearances during shop class one time, sound familiar (I dont think those people would have liked Crud at all back then:confused24::think:)..