IGNORED

88' Venture Royale 1300/ On Time Trailer Wiring?

The wires you need to get to are right there and easy under the seat.

You could just hook directly to the bikes wires, BUT I would strongly recommend that you use some kind of an isolator so that the load of the trailers lights in not on the bikes wiring and switches but is coming direct from the battery. If it does not already have it, I would look at upgrading the trailer to LED to save electrical load on the bike.

I just need to tie in a 5 pin flat plug into the bike wiring to be able to plug the trailer into. I did not know if Yamaha has a particular wiring kit, etc. in order for this to happen. I am not good at wiring and I definitely do not want to put a load on the system.

Chaplain Dusty :biker:

• 4 weeks later...

Got a wiring harness off of Ebay with an isolator attached, which wired into the bike wiring and directly to the positive and negative on the battery. Four wires tied into the bike wiring under the seat and the five wire out of the isolator were snaked through to the hitch area behind. It took some time because the Time Out trailer color coding was crazy :starz:, but I was able to test the wires with some jumpers to figure it out. :detective: The biggest problem finding was the brake light wire on the bike under the seat, which turned out to be a yellow wire. The harness wire was red that I tied in to the yellow. The trailer brake light wire was blue. Success, finally!! :thumbsup2: The wiring harness was a Part # 16-125 Universal Trailer Wiring Harness from Big Bike Parts.

Chaplain Dusty :biker: