IGNORED

Audio help needed

opfor_gunner

I want to thank you in advance for any and all help.

I recently purchased an '08 RSV with stock audio. I replaced the front speakers with Alpine 3way 4" speakers because one of the stock speakers was blown.

I have 2 issues;

1) last week I lost the volume. Everything powers up and if I turn the volume all the way up I can barely hear it if the bike isnt running. Is the an amp or pre-amp that I need to fix/replace. Where should I start to look for the problem?

2) I would like to upgrade the sound system. Whats the best way to go with this? I've read some older posts about adding an amp under the faring. But on further research they were on the older bikes.

Please help.

Click on the "Audio" button and continue to click until you are in the right input (FM1, FM2, AM, AUX, CD). Hitting the "Audio" button will make sure you aren't in the CB.

Turn down the volume and then click on the "Select" button. Does it say SP (speaker) or HS (head set) ? If it says HS, then you'll get some sound thru the speakers but very little and only if the volume is turned way up. If it says HS, then click on the up/down rocker to change it to SP.

Something else to check. Pull the front fairing off and check all your wiring. My '09 Venture had the worst factory wiring under the fairing I've ever seen. Some of the wires were actually simply twisted together, no solder, no connectors. I had trouble with the audio for almost two years. Dealer replaced the handlebar unit. I had it to the dealer at least half a dozen times with no fix. When I had the bike "triked" the trike shop noticed the abysmal wiring, and they cut, cleaned, soldered and connected the wires. I have had no trouble since. Now JFI, the dealer had the fairing off several times when doing their "repairs" and apparently were not able to see the problem!!