IGNORED

flashing fuel gage

guns_usn_20

Mine did that but only after I filled the tank up and initially turned the ignition on, it would flash a specific code at me, a series of flashes 6 or 7, the service manual says that points to a fault in one part or another of the sensing system. Different flashing codes point to different parts of the sensing system.

Ok according to the service manual all of the segments on the fuel gauge should flash on and off for 8 cycles, then repeat 3 times, after that if the right most segment only flashes 8 times then it is the fuel sender, if the left most segment flashes it is the thermistor.Personally as long as the gauge is working, the low fuel light is working and you reset you trip meter each time and know about what your range is, I would not worry about it.

Steve and Mike

Thanks for the suggestions and support. I found the problem which I should have checked before I panicked. The connection under the cover on the tank had come loose. I got up this morning still in my PJ'S and took the cover off and there it was.. Again thanks for you help

Jim