IGNORED

Finding/ordering RSTD Complete backrest

I’m removing the trunk and mount on my 2004 RSV and stumbled on a few threads in the past on options.

For now I’m leaning on getting a RSTD backrest and was wondering if someone put together a complete list of parts and or can point me to a dealer that can get me setup at a reasonable price.

I have looked into the same thing. Unfortunately, the only way to purchase it from a dealer is piece-by-piece. The parts department can do it as one order but since you have to order and pay for every individual part it gets real pricey REAL fast. I looked at ordering the parts and without tax it was over $700. They really should make the whole thing available for the guys who want to do the conversion, but unfortunately they do not. I have seen, from time to time, people selling the whole backrest on ebay. It always seems to happen when I do not have the money.

I hope this helps:080402gudl_prv:.

I have taken the trunk off of my 03 MSRV. I had a set of seats cut down and re-covered. I have a guy building a couple of antenna mounts that will mount down on the fender struts behind the bags. I have been looking for a luggage rack/sissy bar to use when I need to add a luggage bag for long trips. I believe the luggage rack for the RoadStar will bolt on using the bolt at the rear under the seat and the 2 license plate bolts on the lower fender. I have a guy looking for one so I can try it and see if it will work. I am also building a new back rest using the original Utopia or Diamond R back rest that I have for a pattern. The way the seat is cut, I only want a very small backrest. I put 525 miles on it Saturday, and I think I could probably get by without a backrest.